thirteen;

❅

Sweat clung to Taehyungs body, drenching him all over as he tossed and turned in his sleep. His fingers gripped mercifully at the white sheets, his breathing coming and raspy and short.
Lung tearing coughs escaped from him as he clutched at his chest, begging for the pain in his head to go away.
He turned again, burying his cries and whimpers of pain into his pillow, damp from sweat.
Something was throbbing in his head, and Taehyung knew what it was. The doctors had warned him about the excruciating pain that he would experience.
    Fever, migraines, body aches, fatigue, weakness.
     Taehyung bit into his pillow, trying to allow his body to calm down, telling himself that the pain would soon disappear and he will feel okay again.
      Soon after, the pain subsided and Taehyung fell asleep again with his teeth still sunk deep into the pillow and tear stained cheeks.

Taehyung sat on the floor of his bedroom, the contests from his closet all spilled out around him.
     He had pulled them all out almost as soon as he woke up, throwing them on to his bed, on to the carpet, anywhere, so that he could sort them out and donate his clothing, as he would no longer need it.
     Taehyung hated that he had to do this, he hated the fact that he could never wear these clothes again, or sleep in his bed again, or be around Jungkooks company again. His days were coming and going, and soon, they would no longer come.
     Taehyung lifted a wooden jumper with shaky, pale hands, trying to remember when the last time he had worn it was, then carefully folded it and placed it in a bag. He did the same to his shirts, and pants, jackets, jumpers, and anything else that he was able to donate to a charity shop.
      Something red caught Taehyungs eyes. He picked it up, already knowing what it was. Taehyung stared at the ugly Christmas sweater that he had bought for himself and Jungkook on their first Christmas of being housemates together.
    That was another thing, no more Christmas with Jungkook.
     Taehyungs heart felt heavy and his body felt weak, his shoulders slumping slow with the weight of his sadness and sickness.
    Hot tears streamed down his face as he clutched the red material to his chest, weeping to himself, unaware that Jungkook could hear him.
Three slow knocks at the door caused Taehyung to quickly wipe at his face with his hands before he looked up at Jungkook, who had entered the room slowly and sat himself down on Taehyungs bed.
'What are you doing?' Jungkook said in a weak voice, staring at the clothes surrounding his best friend.
    'Oh, this?' Taehyung forced a chuckle, shrugging his shoulders as he tried to conceal his tears. 'Just getting rid of some old clothes.'
    Jungkook eyed the contents slowly, scanning every item. 'You're giving away all your clothes?' His eyes landed on the familiar red Christmas sweater. 'You're giving away the sweater I got you?'
     Taehyung hesitated, chewing on his tongue as he thought of an excuse. 'It doesn't fit me anymore l, I've put on a bit of weight.'
     Jungkook scoffed out a dry laugh, shaking his head. 'That's a joke right? If anything, you've lost a lot of weight. What's gotten into you? Why are you donating everything?'
    'I don't wear most of it anyways,' Taehyung sniffled. 'It's a good thing, someone else can wear it.'
     'No.' Jungkook shook his head furiously. 'No. Something is going on, something that you're not telling me.'
Taehyung shook his head, smiling sadly at his almost crippled friend. 'Nothing is going on, Jungkook.'
'I don't believe you,' Jungkook retorted, the anger evident in his voice. 'You think that I haven't noticed?' He scoffed the question out. 'You think I haven't heard you crying in your sleep, your groans and whines of pain. The way you talk about death so nonchalantly. You think that I don't notice that?'
Taehyung swallowed, eyes glued to the ground before him, not having the courage too look his best friend in the eyes, for he knew that he would break right in front of him, and that was something Taehyung did not want to do.

-

DRAFT VERSION