eleven;

❅

'Yours?' Jungkook repeated, bewildered. Taehyung couldn't tell whether Jungkook was upset or not, but from the darkness in his eyes and the line between his brow to his clenched jaw, he didn't have to guess what was going through his friends mind right now.
'Yes,' Taehyung said smoothly, pushing back the urge of tears.
Jungkook scoffed, turning his head away from Taehyung. 'Are you crazy? What good would that do?'
'You'll be healthier, your heart will work properly.' Taehyung looked down at his hands that were fiddling together in his lap, an uncontrollable habit he had for as long as he can remember.
'Bullshit.' He spat out harshly, causing Taehyung to recoil away from him. He had a feeling that Jungkook would have gotten mad, but never to this extent. 'Who are you to decide if I want the transplant or not? Who said I even wanted to go through with the operation?' Jungkook shook his head, annoyed, biting down in his bottom lip so hard that Taehyung was afraid that it would draw blood. 'I'm not going through with the operation because I don't need one.' He finally turned his head towards Taehyung, eyes hard and icy. 'Okay?'
    Taehyung nodded, not wanting to say anything else that might anger him. Without a word, Taehyung unfolded the soft blanket grey blanket that had been next to Jungkook and placed it over his lap, being careful not to have too much contact with him. Taehyung retreated into his room silently with his head hung low and his shoulders heavy. He shut the door behind him and sat in the edge of his bed, staring blankly at the white wall before him.
    Out of all the years that he and Jungkook has been best friends, Jungkook had never lashed out at Taehyung like that before. Taehyung tried to tell himself that he was just upset and vulnerable at this point, and he was taking it out on Taehyung unintentionally, but another part of Taehyung, the part that loved Jungkook, was still hurt by the fact that Jungkook didn't even let him explain why he would have given his heart to him. He could have finally been able to tell Jungkook about the disease killing him slowly, but it was no use now.
    Taehyung would never have a chance like that again.

-
DRAFT VERSION

-DRAFT VERSION