5. Luka

It's been awhile since our new father came.  He is super tall. And super white. His skin, hair, clothes, it just makes his eyes pop. He also has this confident way that he walks that makes him look like a Siberian cat. A bit pompous, well groomed, and knowledgable.

Most white cats are stuck up about their fur. It's a marker of purity for most inside cats, while for outside cats, it's dark browns and blacks that are admired. However, one of the most handsome cats I have ever met was a white Siberian. He wasn't stuck up or mean, just inclined to carry himself with the 'dignity his breed had given him'- is what he told me.

He comes to us more then mother. We have dinner with him every night. He tells about where he has been and asks us about ourselves. One of the most peculiar questions he asked was if we were upset with our mother for not staying with us. 

I asked him. "Our mothers supposed to stay?" But no one talked after that. They all avoided eye contact. I looked to Lukas for answer, all I got was a pat on the head. Then were we continued to eat.

Lukas told our father about his interest in magical studies as well as the troubling lack of information on how it works. Lukas likes patterns, methods, and numbers, so loose studies on magic would be troublesome. He sometimes talks to extensively for me to understand with father. Then our father gets this stern, concentrated look in his eye.

That's what I told Lukas is called a 'Predator's Look Out'. I've used this eye myself, although not in this life. The mice are far too easy to catch in this house. One time I wanted to bring a mouse to father but Lukas said that father kills bigger prey so he might not be as proud. 

So I've also told father that I want to hunt, just like father. For some reason, Lukas smacked his face after I aid that. Father even used the Predator's Look Out eye on me. He asked me why. I said. "Well, Lukas said you wouldn't be impressed if I brought you mice, so I thought I could go out to get some presents. You hunt humans, right? I can do that as well!" I tried to use kitten eyes on him.

Hmph! You have special eyes, but so do I!

He just stared at me for a long time. He also asked Lukas what I was talking about. So he told him about my presents. He even took out a grasshopper he had incased in some kind of clear rock. (He brought that one cause it's easier to carry.) I don't know when he put it in the rock but its very impressive.

Father had placed his hand on his face, sighed a long time, then mumbled. "Looks like I won't be getting the little princess I wanted."

So I nodded. "Yeah, you're right, I'm not royalty!" But all I got was another sigh.

Mean!

| + |

Apparently Aaron isn't born from our mother. He was adopted. That means that he isn't blood related. So his father isn't the same as ours. It also turns out that our mother doesn't have heat like a girl cat does so that's why she only has father. So that means she can't have many babies. 

I got a stern talking to from father and Lukas, saying that as a lady, I must only have one partner. Drawing in more then one guy would make me loose. I think my insides will fall apart if I get more then one partner for a lifetime. That means I have to be extra careful!

Aaron does his homework in our room in his free time. Lukas has tried to get him to leave but he always sneaks back in. He's kind of fun.  He's like a garden snake! Always laughing and sneaking about. He tells tons of jokes that I don't get but sometimes get Lukas to crack up, so they must be pretty funny.

His favorite color green is as well. So I think it fits. 

He also got me a set of chalkboard and chalk which I think he stole. Now I can try drawing. I show them to father and Lukas whenever I can and they always compliment me. It feels nice to be able to draw so well. I tried copying the garden and the wall pattern as well as the vases and flowers. 

In my other memories, people draw other people in more 'cartoony' styles yet I don't really find that very interesting. If I can't compare them with something, how do I know if they are any good? 

Father calls us prodigies. I don't really understand what that words means but it's a compliment. He always pats me on the head as well!

I tried to nibble on Father like Lukas but I got scolded. Apparently you really aren't supposed to do that. I should say sorry to Lukas...

  { Author's Note }

Aw, look our dear Luka, learning stuff. It occurs to me that it might not make sense to have an otome tag, but don't worry, this is an otome game. If you look at it from Lukas's perspective, he's a shameless self-insert character. A brother to the villainess. From Luka's perspective, she's a transmigrator.

The plot line will be written out plainly, labeled from no perspective on a break from Luka's perspective of a ball in the palace. It'll also include pictures and characters.