19. The Hunt

The hunt started out in a huge feild where a couple of open air pavilions had already been assembled as places to dine outside. Now they were resorted to fight the grand event that Luka had wanted this to be. Rows of uniform leather armor, apprentice level bows and arrows, as well as packs of various supplies were stacked into neat stations.

At every station, a young excited knight stood to sort through their supplies. Before each station was a heavily armored guard who was just as equally as excited. Most of them worked at the main mansion and the most action they ever got were training drills.

The only odd one out of this bunch was a slightly more luxurious stall with 2 guards standing out front, each radiating a bloodlust that the house guards could never contain. They were soilders who had just come off the battlefeild, ready to protect the young master and miss with their lives. It could be said that these men were even more loyal then the officially sactioned knights who walked beside any sort of lord.

In that small station, a pair of twins sat on cushioned chairs, completely indentical to each other accept for demeanor. One was bouncing in her seat, clearly excited even if her face didn't so much as twitch. The other sat, bored, reading a leather bond book as if it was better than anything this event could provide.

Both were dressed in tight fitting suits meant to protect against minor harm, cold, heat, etc. etc. Ontop of that was light weight armor that a sheild magician had spent years working to perfect.

In front of them, on a little card, sat the rules for this game.

" -Each arrow of your color that kills an animal will add to your points

 - If more than one shot is used to kill an animal, a deduction will be taken from that kill

 - You can challenege another player for their points, whoever wins will take all the losers points

 - No killing is allowed

- Physical attacks are allowed, but no swords or other weapons will be provided. You gain an extra two points if you used no arrow. Guard confirmation required.

 - ...."

There a few more customary rules regarding the guards that would follow them, how the point system would be taken, what did and did not count as a point, as well as a set grading system. 

Small beasts ( something akin to the size of a bunny or a bird ) would be five points. Killing them in one shot was hard and it was not useful to waste a bunch of shots on one 5 point animal. If one was skilled enough, they could also gain a lot of points from from one shot-ting the things.

Medium sized beasts ( about the size of a fox or a deer) were 15 points. Most would take 3 to 5 shots to kill and were worth the kill if going after the bigger beasts wasn't possible. However, they are usually packed around larger beasts and could possible lead someone into danger.

Larger sized beasts ( about the size of a bear, horse, or big cat ) are 30 points, although most apprentice knights are expected to not be able to take one down. Even if they did, it might take more then 30 shots. Their arrows are limited so it would not be advisable.

Huge Beasts ( the size we would see in fairy tales, something bigger then a truck ) a 60 points. If one was able to take this kind of beast down, it was almost an automatic win. Taking care of this size of beasts would be almost impossible, as a small army could not even take one down.

In the rules, there was also a few notes about taking animals down by hand which had been added in by Luka almost immediately. She couldn't shoot an arrow and would rather use her hands then learn. Although the Duke had practically begged her to learn, he could only give in to her request.