Chapter 6 - Revelations

*Flashback*

"Nona, are we there yet? I can't wait to taste all the bibble I can get with my bare hands." Cat told Nona while sitting in the shotgun seat and opening and closing her hands imagining she's gripping bibble.

"A few more turns and we'll be there quickly. I told you it's not just bibble you'll be getting for your birthday! There'll be a lot of presents too!" Cat smiled widely with excitement in her eyes. Nona smiled back at her while driving. When the woman returned her eyes on the road, she saw a large cow in the middle of the road which caused Nona to swivel and lose control of the car. Nona had minor injuries and some bruises but the redheaded girl suffered much more than what her grandmother did. Since the car turned left, she bumped her head on the window on her side which caused damage to her brain. The injury caused her to suffer a short-term memory loss. When she falls asleep, her brain "reboots" back to the day the amnesia began.

*End of Flashback*

Sam's PoV

"So, you're saying that she doesn't remember that accident? She won't remember me rescuing her? And she won't remember her feelings for me when she wakes up tomorrow morning? Is that what you're saying?" my heart is like being crushed by someone's hands when I realized what I'm getting myself into and it's possible results.

"Unfortunately, yes. I think you better start leaving, she'll get over you instantly. I won't have you hurting Cat just because of your "questionable motives". Nona told me while turning away and going to the store herself.

"Wait. Just to be clear, I don't have any bad intentions to your granddaughter. It became clear to me now that I'm in love with her. I'll do whatever I have to do for her to remember me tomorrow and the days after that, even if it takes an eternity to make it work, I'm willing to do it again and again." I told the woman with all honesty.

Nona looked stunned by the serious words that came out of a 16-year-old girl me that claims to be in love with her granddaughter.

"Just remember that she's not looking for any one night stands, she has a fragile heart, Sam, but your bones are a little more breakable when I find out you're only messing with Cat." Nona threatened. I didn't really got intimidated by the threats of the old woman but I guess I have to ignore it for now.

"I promise you, I won't hurt her." with that, I ran back to the apartment with difficulty because of my sprained ankle. "I have to think of something quick!" I said through gritted teeth.

An imaginary light bulb appeared on top of my head. "Got it." I smiled at my own genius idea.

Note: Hey guys! Thanks for reading all the way here! I really appreciate you people. Your reviews and stuff and thaaaaangs. (I got stuff and thaangs from The Walking Dead, any fans out there?) Hope this chapter revealed why Nona and Dice were being rude to Sam. :)