Chapter 8 - Recovering

Sam's PoV (10:20 am)

I unfolded the couch bed and settled myself. I hissed at the sharp pain on my ankle.

"Hey, Cat, do you have any good shows in that TV of yours?" I asked, not minding the pain.

"I have That's A Drag and Drake and Josh!" Cat told me while she's making snacks.

"Whoa! I love those shows!" I was stunned that someone like her would love those shows, then again, everyone loves the two shows.

I was massaging my sprained ankle when I made a wrong movement that caused me to say "ouch" loudly.

Cat heard it and brought the snacks with her as she sat down next to me.

"Sam, what happened?" I was still massaging my injured ankle when I felt a single tear run down my cheek. "Wow, I was so caught up on Cat that I totally forgotten about this sprain." I thought.

Cat quickly gasped when she saw me in pain, so she wiped away my tear.

"Wait here." She sat up looking serious and headed to the kitchen. She returned with a bag a frozen peas and gently got my hand that was massaging the sprain earlier away from it, then she carefully placed the bag on my painful ankle which was miraculously getting better that instant. She looked so serious when she examined it.

"It's just a little sprain, nothing to worry about." I smiled at her.

"How did you get this?" Concern was written all over the girl's face.

"Well, when you fainted, I carried you out of the truck we were in and when we landed on the floor, I messed up." I explained to her.

"I'm so sorry, Sam! I became an additional weight when you carried me and I caused this to happen and I'm sorry!" Cat meant everything she said but she was wrong.

"Don't apologize, kiddo. I miscalculated my landing. That's what happened and it doesn't matter because it's already here, there's nothing we can do about it but to let it heal, okay?" I said while grabbing her on the shoulders and looking directly in her eyes.

"I suppose. Thanks for not blaming me. You're a nice person, Sam. And sweet, too." she said with a giggle.

"Hey, I'm not swee- well, I can be a little sweet." I half-smiled at her.

Note: I'm trying to update daily so you don't have to wait for decades. XD Thanks for reading this chapter! I hope you guys are happy with what's happening between them. :3

Again, you guys can message me if you want me to make a story about this fandom. The plot can be from a song, a movie, or even a quote. :)

Keep Calm and Ship Puckentine!