~Part 22~

~GO CHECK OUT BOOK 2 of THE SICKNESS CALLED 'INVASION'. ALSO, TAKE A LOOK AT MY NEW STORY 'CALL OF THE DEAD'. IT'S ALSO ZOMBIE THEMED!~

  EPILOUGE:

A week later, without even showing any signs other then barf, I had my ‘magic baby’. It was a boy. And like the baby girl born only a week before, he was tested, and came back confirmed of being immune. Relief flooded through me when it showed up on the screen. Because now, I knew, the human race had a chance to survive against the illness. All that was left, was to teach them how to fight.

THE OTHER EPILOUGE:

Gale and my mother had brought me a name book and their meanings. We had eventually concluded on the name ‘Marcus’ and were just messing around now.

“Hey look Vala! There’s your name.” Gale said pointing.

“Oh yeah it is.” I say quietly.

“What does it mean?” Gale asked.

“It says Vala means chosen one.”

I am Vala Mininger. Soldier 12576. Best female soldier in America. I am a warrior. I am a mother. I am the chosen one.

MARCUS ALL GROWN UP:

“Hey.” Marcus whipped around to Nina walking up behind him.

“Oh hey Nina.” He said.

Marcus and Nina had been best friends for a long time. They were the first two immune children born the new city, which made them immediately drawn to each other.

“Whatcha doin’?” she asked.

“Nothing, just testing something.” He said quietly.

Marcus looked up at her with his sea green eyes and smiled. Looking just like his father, accept with his mothers dark hair. He shifted in his chair and stared at her. “Watch this.” Marcus whispered.

“What?” Nina asked lightly touching her face.

We’re different.

The voice echoed in her head. “Wha…” she brushed away her blonde hair. “What was that?”

“Nina!” Marcus jumped up and grabbed her shoulders. “Don’t you see? As a child my mother always told me we were different, we were going to change the world in more ways than one!”

“So what?” she looked afraid. “You can like read minds and crap?” she asked.

“Sort of, and if I have these ‘magic powers’ then maybe you do too.” He said slowly.

Thus was born The Age of Powers.

THE END.

PLEASE LET ME HEAR FROM YOU GUYS! THIS IS MY FIRST OFFICIAL STORY! :D AHHHH.