Chapter 3

1520

*Spain's POV*

I haven't seen mi amorcito for a week now. I've been waiting by the cliff and started to get worried. I knew that I might never see her anymore.

Flashback

“Sir, The natives are getting really violent and we've lost too many men to continue battle.” one of our men talked to dad. My dad signalised me to get out of the room I nodded and went out but stayed by the door so I can hear what they're talking about and hopefully I can warn Pipp.

“We can just sell them to the Americans.” the person suggested and I was outraged and angry that I butted in without knowing.

“wHAT?! Selling Pipp y su familia to the Americanos?!, Are you f*cking out of your minds? Just give the people the freedom they deserve for God's sake.” my father stood up and went up to me. I stood still with my chin up. I want Pipp and her family to gain the independence they've been fighting for, for years now. My dad slapped me hard.

“I said get out, not eavesdrop. You are a shame to this family Spain. Now get out and don't disturb us before I disown you.” I turned back to him, not minding my stinging cheek. I let out a smirk and said

“I rather be disowned by you than seeing the one that I love the mose and her family suffer even more.” I turned my back and ran away from that evil place. I ran to Pipp's house and knocked harshly. The whole neighbourhood pointed their weapons at me and when the door unlocked, Katipunan, Del and Martial was the ones who were there. Undeniably hiding the youngest.

“Look, I meant no harm. I'm here to warn you about my father's plans.” I took all my weapons out and placed them on the ground.

“And why would you do that?” Katipunan raised his eyebrows.

“And why would you expect us to believe you?” Del Pilar added. I knew it. I knew that this would happen, but I don't care anymore.

“I wanted to tell you because I want you to survive and protect Pipp. I don't even care if you don't believe me anymore. But please, let me tell you my story.” surprisingly, they let me in their house but didn't let Pipp go out of her room still. I explained everything. Told them everything I heard and explained them about the americans.

“Please... Believe me in this one.”I croaked out. The family huddled and talked.

“You were disowned by your own father? Because of me?” Suddenly Pipp went in the house with a basket of fruits in her hands. It looked like she was from the market.

“Ama, mga kuya can I talk to him privately for a bit?” The men went out hesitating. They didn't fully trust me yet.

“You should've just stayed silent, Spain. I know how much you love your dad.” I looked down.

“Shall we go to the cliff?” She suggested, I nodded and we walked all the way to our favourite place.

End of flashback

“I'm so sorry Pipp... I'm sorry that my dad's being an ass” Pipp looked at me and held my hand and placed it on her face.

“No, Spain. This isn't your fault. Don't say sorry... You're making me feel bad.” she pouted. Oh God please don't do that to me. I stayed silent while looking down. She lifted my face up.

“We'll get out of this, okay? We will survive this and become independent. Trust me.” She then stood up and pulled me with her.

“From now, go home. You love your papa, don't you? You should apologize to him.”

“But he'll hurt you if I come back. I need to be here to protect you and your people—” My statement was cutted off once again.

“My family will deal with this. My father and brothers will protect me. Now go back home before your dad comes find you here.” I wanted to disagree but she already left me. I walked home and when I got there. I received a glare from my father. I remembered mi amorcito's words and decided to obey her.

Mi padre, Lo siento.” I kneeled down. He patted my head and gave me a hug.

“it's okay, son. But let me warn you, this sorry of yours won't change my decision. Britain and America will come here and visit us to see our product.” I clenched my fists.

“B-but father, Pipp will suffer more if you sell them out. This wasn't our place anyway. Why are you doing this—” He slapped me, for the second time.

“I'm doing this for you, mi hijo. Don't question it. Now go to your room.” I just nodded in response, I can't do anything about it. I just can't... I'm sorry, amorcito... We might not see each other again. I'm sorry if you'll suffer even more than before. I'm sorry that I can't be by your side anymore. I'm sorry but I'm giving you to his hands now. Eres mi chica favorita. No olvides que te quiero.

·——————————––———–—–—–·

Pipp y su familia - Pipp and her family
•Mi padre, Lo siento - I'm sorry, father
•mi ijo - my boy
Eres mi chica favorita. No olvides que te quiero. - You are the girl I love the most. Don't forget that, sweetheart.

Author's note

Again, this story isn't historically accurate. Thank you for reading my book, I hope that y'all are enjoying this.