Chapter 13

*Russia's POV*

It's been a few years since I live here with Pipp. I don't live in their house now though, I made mine. I feel so happy, and thankful to God that I met these people. I am happy, but also I feel a bit empty. I saw how Martial and Del take care of Pipp. I saw how they protect them. I saw them swimming in the deep waters just to have some sibling time. I saw how they love each other. I felt jealous seeing them like this. I feel so bad, my siblings’ voices roaming around my ears asking me to help them, to save them. But in the end, I was the only one who escaped my father's wrongdoing.

“Hey, you okay?” Martial Law waved right infront of me.

“Y-yeah... I guess so? You know what? I don't really know anymore.” I chuckled lightly, but I was sure that it looked fake.
“What's happening?” Del joined the conversation. I finally gave up and told them everything about me and my family.

“I feel so guilty... I was saved but until now, they're suffering. I'm the eldest but I can't even protect one of them. Even Ukraine who've suffered so much just for me to get me out of there.” they patted my back and smiled slightly.

“Being the oldest or maybe older doesn't mean that it's always our fault. Your siblings wanted you to be happy because you suffered too much. It's not your fault. It'll fade out soon, we promise.” Del explained. I sighed.

“I-I mean... You protect your sister, you do everything for her. You make her laugh when she's sad. You're ready to fight fir her. But I couldn't do anything for my siblings to end their suffering. I couldn't even dry their tears cause I was locked up in my father's room. I heard how they screamed my name for help but I was chained up and couldn't move to help them..” Martial looked at me and gave a small grin.

“It's not us who protect Pipp all the time, Rus. It's her who keeps us sane and alive. If it weren't for her Japan Empire would've killed us already. And if weren't for her, we would me a colony to other countries. We wouldn't have fought if she's not with us. We would've killed ourselves without our most treasured sister. She looks like she doesn't do anything and it looks like we do all the work, but her soft voice and inspiring quotes keeps us here. Our love for each other protect us all.” Martial told me. I fell speechless. I guess love and hope are superior in their world huh?

“Ruski!” I heared Pipp's voice in a distant. All of us looked that way and I was shocked but happy with what I saw. There were two girls with her, I instantly knew that they were Belarus and Ukraine. I ran to them quickly for a hug, something I saw Pipp and her brothers do everyday. They were shocked with my actions but cherished me in their arms back.

“Big bro, we missed you.” Belarus  cried but held back a few seconds after. Ukraine looked at me with despair. She took her backpack from her back and gave me a note.

“It's from father.” she said tearing up. I gulped, I thought that they sold me in. That they thought that I was having too much fun and should suffer once again. But I was shocked with my father's message.

To my only son Russia,

I'm sorry for I have been a monster to you. I'm sorry for making you, Belarus, and Ukraine live harshly. I didn't intend all those things to happen. And now, if you are reading this letter I am happy to announce you that I'm gone. I took my own life for you to be happy. I love you all very much my children. It's unfortunate that I've been acting like a monster to the three of you that I couldn't express my love as I did when you were still cute little babies. I love you, my son. You are now the leader, our country is no longer Soviet Union. But now it is the great powerful wise Russia.

“n-no.... Dad... This is a prank isn't it?” I laughed like a crazy man infront of my sisters. They looked down and both of them started to cry.

“N-no! You're lying! Dad's still alive and he changed, didn't he? This is just a joke to get me emotional and suddenly he'll appear out of nowhere!” Ukraine and Belarus hugged me tightly and continued to chant that they were sorry. I stood silent for a few minutes and waited for them to stop crying.

“I've been here for a few years now. And one thing that the people taught me here is, It'll all be okay as long as we love each other and are together. We're like that now aren't we? It'll all be okay soon, we'll get over this.” I told them and looked at Del and Martial who held their sister in their embrace.

“Y-yeah, You're right big bro.” Belarus sniffed.

“Thank God you found me here.” I laughed but they smiled at me and looked at Pipp.

“We didn't find you, we waited for you but you never came back. But that beautiful lady there saw us, came to us and helped us find you.” I walked to Philippines, held her tightly in my embrace and sweetly said

“Thank you...” she smiled brightly like the sunny person she is and replied.

“No problem, Ruski. I'll always be here for you. You should see your people now, eh? I mean— the great and powerful country named Russia won't be so great without their leader.” she winked and I felt my heart bouncing fast. It was the first time I felt this kind of feeling. My ears redden and I finally realised that after all these years that I've been living with her and her family

My heart fell for her charms already.