Chapter Six

~Harry Potter-LeFay~
Dumbledore seemed to deflate for a moment, his shoulders sagging before he spoke, "As the newest Forest Lord protecting us, you will be going to Gringotts and the Ministry to sign papers for your emancipation in both the muggle world and in the magical world. It is unwise for a Forest Lord to have guardians who will perhaps use the lords abilities for the wrong reasons."
I stared at him for a moment before blurting, "Do I have both? Does someone magical have guardianship of me?"
"Yes, Lord Potter-LeFay, I do. As I was very close with your parents, I took over your guardianship at their deaths."
Rage bubbled in my chest and before I thought it through I spat, "You left me with those awful muggles didn't you??! Did you ever check on me? Even once?!?"
I knew the answer just by the slightly guilty look on his face and chuckled darkly, "Ron told me about the inbreeding the wizarding world does. Surely you could have looked through my family tree and found a family that would have taken me in?!"
Kismet landed back on my shoulder, rubbing her head against mine, and spoke, "No my Lord, because Fawkes has told me that the headmaster did not want you growing up knowing magic. He wanted you to grow up as a muggle. He wanted you to be able to live life without being a celebrity from a young age. Truthfully I do not understand why-why leave you in the dark and allow you to be mauled when you re-entered our world? Why hide your parentage from you?"
I glared darkly at the headmaster and stated, "Kismet has a very good point. Fawkes has told her that you planned to have me grow up ignorant of magic at all costs. Supposedly to keep me from being a celebrity at a young age. Why allow me to be mauled when I entered the wizarding world again? Why hide my parentage?"
Dumbledore seemed uncomfortable discussing it, "My Lord, please, let us discuss this in private."
I shook my head, "No. I don't want to discuss it privately later. I want my answers now. Unless you'd like to discover how the wizarding world will react to the news that you purposely left me with abusive magic hating muggles without checking on me?"

Dumbledore looked upset, and he wasn't the only one. I could see almost all of the teachers were upset, but I couldn't tell what about-the fact that I was abused or the fact that I was openly blackmailing the headmaster. McGonagall spoke, "Surely, Mr. Potter, you can understand that now is not an ideal time to speak of such matters."

Professor Sprout spoke next, her voice soft, "Minerva, I think Mr. Potter-LeFay has a right to have answers. If what he says is true and he was abused, then he should have a right to question Dumbledore, especially since Dumbledore always claimed Harry was happy and safe and hidden."

McGonagall went to speak when Snape stated, "Pomona is right. Potter has a right to know the answers as to why Dumbledore has done what he's done. However, I believe it is more important that Potter speak to Gringotts and the Ministry. At the very least Mr. Potter-LeFay should go to Gringotts."
I turned to Snape and stated, "I know my father and his friends caused you quite a bit of pain, Professor. However, I'm not a bully. I've never been a bully and I never will be. I've been a victim too many times to want to cause other people pain. I'd like to put it behind us. The whomping willow shared its memory-they tried to kill you underneath this tree before my father changed his mind. I understand you may hate me but I'd like for us to be civil, at least sir. Please."
Professor Snape scowled, "People have been telling me that you're not your father, and I always had a difficult time seeing it. However, with the information that has come to light I believe it would be prudent for us to have a working relationship at least while you are one of my students."
Nodding, I agreed, "Yes, I'd like to have a working relationship with you, Professor Snape. Would you care to accompany Forrester and I to Gringotts? I feel as if I should have a capable adult wizard with me, and I respect your abilities."
Professor Snape nodded, "I would be willing to accompany you, Lord Potter-LeFay. Shall we go?"