Chapter Seven

~Harry Potter-LeFay~
Turning to look at Forrester I asked, "Will Gringotts get upset if I use my abilities to get there, Forrester? Do you think it would be okay?"
Forrester contemplated it for a moment before he nodded and stated, "I believe it will garner you more respect among them, yes, my Lord. Their floors are made of stone, an earthen substance, so there should be nothing that stops you from stepping out of it. I'd perhaps try those large stone doors."

I nodded, "Professor, as it will take us quite a while to be able to get to the gates to apparate, would you perhaps be willing to try traveling my way?"

Professor Snape looked uneasy for a moment before he let out a breath and stated, "Should anything happen to me on this trip, Lord Potter-LeFay, I will require you to serve detention, with Filch."

I nodded, "That's acceptable, for punishment. Shall we, sir?" I held out my arm, and he reluctantly linked arms with me. I glanced up at Kismet for a moment and asked, "Kismet, do you plan to come with me, or would you like me to bring you to a tree or something to perch on?"

"I will come with you, my Lord, because should something bad occur at the bank, I can flame travel you anywhere-including to safety. I doubt that you shall be given trouble, as Goblins are usually polite to Forest Lords, but I do not wish to chance your safety."

I smiled, reaching my free hand up to gently pet her, and I stated aloud, "Sir, Kismet will be accompanying us. Please stay calm while I open a portal." 

I focused on that thought and Forrester stated, "To accomplish a portal without the pull of the forest, I would suggest that you visualize where you would like to go, and then wave your hand, and a portal should appear. Keep that feeling, your magic, keep it tight to you. Focus, and visualize, and it should work."

I nodded, pulling up the feeling of my magic, that tingling, that rush, and visualized the inside of the Gringotts bank, what the doors looked like, what the surrounding area looked like, and waved my hand at a tree, satisfaction rushing through me at the sight of a large black portal appearing. Snape's hand tightened on my arm, and he stated, "I hope you know what you're doing, Potter."

I smiled up at him, "I did everything Forrester told me to do, so I guess the only thing we can do now is test it out. Kismet will get us out of wherever we end up, if it's somewhere other than Gringotts."

Forrester linked his arm with my free arm, and together the four of us walked through the portal, appearing on the other side of the double doors to Gringotts. Several goblins stopped and stared at us, and an older looking goblin hopped down from his place in the high desks and stated, "Welcome, Forest Lord. Welcome, Forrester. Welcome, Lord Prince. What can Gringotts do for you today?"

I smiled slightly and bowed at the waist as much as I could with Kismet on my shoulder, and stated, "Greetings, Master Goblin. As the recent passing of Lord LeFay, I have been told I should visit the bank to go over accounts and vaults, as well as discuss any changes to my inheritance. I am also hoping you can help me decipher my abilities, if at all possible."

"Yes, Gringotts can help you with this, my Lord. May I ask your name?"

Smiling sheepishly, I stated, "Harry Potter, now Harry Potter-LeFay, as I was adopted by Lord LeFay prior to his death."

The goblins around us all looked shocked, and so Forrester spoke up, "May we speak to King Ragnok please, Matterhorn?"

The goblin, Matterhorn, nodded mutely and waved for us to follow him further into the bank. We came to a large doorway, and as it swung open by goblin warriors-all wearing goblin-made armor by the looks-Forrester clicked his fingers and my robes changed from my school robes into a dressier black robe with a crest on the chest, over my heart. He winked up at me, whispering, "I figured you'd like to make a better impression on King Ragnok, the English Goblin King. He is kind, but only to everyone other than wizards. Goblins despise wizards, but as you are now a Forest Lord, now basically the king of forest lords, he will show you more respect."