Chapter Eleven

Forrester chuckled, "You, my Lord, are the first of the forest lords that I know of to have botanopathy, but I promise I will do my best to help you learn how to use it. Your class at Hogwarts will be most helpful-you could also ask your teacher. She seems like she has a true connection to herbology. I bet she would love to help you explore your gifts."

Grinning, I nodded, "Professor Sprout is one of my favorite teachers, and I've loved her class...I'll ask her tomorrow, I think I have her class."

King Ragnok cleared his throat, "Do you know if those abilities would extend to metal?"

Forrester nodded, "Yes, why do you ask, Your Majesty?"

King Ragnok chuckled, apparently sensing the protective tone in Forresters voice, "Relax, Forrester. We, too, have people who have this ability. I was going to offer for one of our best to tutor him in the ability-it is better to have more than one tutor, yes?"

Forrester nodded, "Indeed it is, Your Majesty."

Nodding in agreement, I stated, "I would greatly appreciate the gesture, Your Majesty. I enjoy learning new things, and I'd love to be able to master my abilities."

King Ragnok nodded, "Very well, we will owl you when I've spoken to the person I have in mind, and if they agree, we will set up a day for you to be tutored. Now, how about we go over the will, and I can give you a copy of what you own, for all your lordships?"

Nodding, I sat silently as he reached into his desk and pulled out a rolled up scroll-one that looked older than anyone in the room. "William made this when he was about two hundred years old-the normal span for a wizard. He wasn't sure when he would live to, but he wanted any heirs to be set up for life, and he wanted to make sure the purebloods couldn't get their hands on any of the properties." When we all nodded, he continued, "I will, of course, need your signature to begin. Sign here please-it will sting, as this is a blood quill. Your name will appear on the top of your hand. Please, remember to use your lordship names."

Biting my bottom lip nervously, I took the quill and mentally tallied up the names I had gained since beginning this, Harry Potter-Gryffindor-Peverell- Slytherin-LeFay before handing the parchment back to King Ragnok, who snapped his fingers. A file folder appeared in his hand, large, and he flipped it open and stated, "You have inherited three properties from Morgana-two as old as Morgana herself, and one that was two generations after her-the house used by the last of the magical line before they began to only give birth to squibs."

"Where are they located? England?"

King Ragnok nodded, "There is one in England, one in Scotland, and one in Romania-it says that was a holiday cottage. However, it shows it is still active, and there are still house elves tied to this line, due to the birth of William, and then the adoption of yourself."

"And-it's habitable?"

King Ragnok chuckled, "Of course it is. It says here that the upkeep is kept up by Gringotts for a monthly stipend. Would you like to continue that?"

Grinning, I agreed, "That sounds like a wonderful idea, Your Majesty. Are the other properties kept up in a similar way?"

"Yes, Harry, they are. They should all be well kept although you may need to replace furniture, but the wards and the building itself will be in very good condition, especially for its age." He cleared his throat, "Moving onto the assets, I don't believe you'll need to work-which is just as well, given your status as Forest King. You're well off, considering the money that William invested that has grown considerably in his five hundred years, but adding the LeFay accounts to that-well, your family could spend millions of galleons and still be the richest family. I will give you a copy of your assets and property information and coordinates, as well as the information you'll need to access the wards and such. I know you wanted to be back home before midnight, so perhaps I should simply give you copies of the information and you can owl me with any concerns or questions?"