Chapter one - leaving home

About two years ago I met Adam Jones (see picture above), I fell in love. He was my dream man and treated me like a princess. He was tall with brown hair and bright blue eyes. I never thought he would betray me or hurt me. And he didn't until about 6 months ago. He came home drunk and hit me for not having cleaned the house, which I had, I just happened to be sitting down when he came home. As soon as he saw the hurt in my eyes though he got down on his knees apologising saying he had no control, and he would never do it again and that he hated himself for it. I forgave him, I was in love with him I had to. Then it happened again 2 weeks later, but he didn't apologise and it just got worse and worse and happened more often, occasionally forcing himself on me, but I couldn't leave him. I still loved him. Then one night about 2 months ago, I had been feeling sick for a few days and realised that my period was late, so I went to the bathroom and grabbed a pregnancy test...... after the longest 2 minutes of my life I took a deep breath and looked at the test........ Pregnant!!! I was over the moon cause we had talked about having children together and I knew he wanted them. However, when I told him, he said that I was a cheating slut and that it couldn't possibly be his. It broke my heart and I left. Running to Lillian's apartment as she lived closest to me. I didn't tell her about the abuse but told her Adam didn't believe the child was his. She let me stay with her for as long as I needed. But the next day came a text from Adam, telling me to get home, or he would hurt Echo who had gone round to see me. I explained to Lillian that I would be going home as Adam had moved out (I hate lying but I didn't want Lillian to do anything that could get her hurt or arrested) and left. It's been like this for the last two months.

That leads us to last Friday, the day I decided I would leave. Adam would probably follow me leaving my family safe. I had spoken to Georgia and explained everything to her, and she said to go live with her. So I applied for a working visa, so I could live there and work to provide for my child. After waiting 6 days, it arrived, and I was accepted. I booked my plane tickets and went and told my parents I would be moving to Australia to live with Georgia, they said they were proud of me, would be coming to visit and told me to phone them when I landed.

That was yesterday and I'm now sitting at the gate waiting to board the plane. I left a note to Adam telling him I was leaving and that it was over, and he wouldn't be ever meeting the child. No way I would let him be the father figure for the baby.

My parents had bumped me up to first class, so I could relax and sleep due to being pregnant. I haven't been getting a lot of sleep recently so hopefully I can sleep on the flight. A very kind flight attendant showed me to my seat and put my bag in the overhead bin for me. She helped me set up the chair and told me she would be over to help whenever I needed. I turned my phone off and relaxed as the plane started taking off. Finally, free. *time skip - end of flight* I had gotten about 10 hours of very broken sleep on the flight. Talking to the helpful flight attendant whenever she wasn't very busy. I found out her name was Julie. We talked about family and what I was going to do in Australia. I don't know why but I explained my situation. I just felt like I could trust her. She gave me her phone number and told me to give her a ring if I ever needed a chat or to talk about what happened again, as her sister was in the same situation except her parents sided with the man instead of their own daughter and disowned her.

I said goodbye and left the plane.