Chapter 2: remember when?

Through dinner Sif picked at her food, she stared at it, she knew if she ate it she wouldn't feel any better anyway, so what was the point? First her mind was contemplating seeing him again, then her mind was resisting all temptation to go see him, next she stood from the table so fast Thor feared she may have whiplash. Just as quickly she dashed out of the hall leaving a confused party behind her.

Her stomach ached, it felt like her insides were trapped and they were ripping themselves out, all contents in her stomach were churning and sweat trickled undetected down her forehead.

She burst into her room like a gust of wind and sped to a long mirror, to make sure there wasn't a hole in her stomach. As she gazed at her weary reflection, she saw how pale she was, it had only been a couple of hours since she went to see Loki and already she was falling apart.

Unwillingly her eyes wondered to her dark tresses, two small sections tied messily at the back of her head, leaving the rest to flow wild and free down her warriors shoulders. She remembered that fateful night when she woke from a most wonderful dream, to find all of her hair laying detached around her, her once golden locks were now thin and hideous tufts at random points all over her scalp.

Almost like she hoped it was a dream Sif took one hand slowly to the top of her head and was horrified when she couldn't feel her long hair, she screamed the loudest she could as tears escaped from her eyes and down her rosey cheeks, she could still see the moment when Thor rushed in worried, only to see his now bald lover weeping next to a mirror. Enraged he shouted 'Loki!' To that Loki waddled in like he had done nothing wrong.

"Look what you've done to me!!"

Thor prodded Loki's chest, his voice angered "you will bring her new hair"

"Of course, as an apology" now that his fun was over he couldn't bare to see such a beautiful creature look so hideous...

(writers note: I'm aware that people with cancer are most likely to loose hair and if for any reason you are bald, you are not hideous, it's is just that her hair was uneven and not cleanly cut ;) these are not my views they are the views of the character)

... So he agreed to travel to find her new hair made from gold. When he returned he matched a clump of the new gold hair with the uneven tufts of hair, they connected simultaneously, and so the rest followed until her scalp was covered in shoulder length pure gold hair. Sif was so pleased with her new hair and thanked Loki for it, even Thor could not wait to show her off.

But as night came the gold turned black then to ordinary hair, now she and Loki were the only Asgardians with hair as black as night. She let out a second wail but when Loki was summoned he claimed to have no knowledge of the dark curse set upon the gold.

Now she stood years older, staring at the same hair in the long mirror, just remembering why she hated him so, the churning in her stomach went for a second but as she began to remember him in other ways it came back, perhaps worse this time.

She remembered listening to his adorable laugh when he played a harmless prank on one of the warriors three when they were children, then when they were teenagers, she secretly loved to see him in the gardens when he was bathed in sunlight, making him appear almost angelic. She enjoyed watching him smile when he was play fighting with Thor, obviously Thor let him win once or twice.

Then there was that time when they were just coming out of the teen age, Loki and Thor jumped into the fountain in the middle of the gardens, wearing nothing but a pair of quarter length leather trousers, Thor always thought she was admiring his wet body, but truly she was gazing at his shy younger brother, he wasn't as muscular as Thor but he did have muscles, and paired with his slim face, he was a womaniser.

There are probably plenty of women who secretly find Loki attractive despite what he has done, and shamefully Sif had only just admitted to herself that she was one of those few women, but no one could ever know, her dirty secret was her own to keep.