Chapter 3: stomach fake

Without intention of doing so, Thor almost made Sif jump out of her skin when he knocked on the door, tearing her eyes from the mirror "sorry to intrude, I just wanted to make sure you are well" he stood awkwardly outside of her chambers "you left so quickly" Thor had found new love in Jane, a mortal on earth, it had been so long since he was standing outside Sif's chambers that he felt out of place somehow.

For the first time in a long time, Thor witnessed Sif blush "stomach ache, a really bad stomach ache"

"I thought something was bothering you" he said, his eyebrows narrowed.

"Just the ache, my mind is clear" she said with a fake smile.

"Not too clear I hope" he was trying to make a joke, but he was never very good at 'funny' Loki was the joker in Asgard, and always will be.

She faked a little laugh while she tried to hide her face behind the door, but her efforts went unnoticed and Thor looked at her pale completion worriedly "I have never seen you so pale Lady Sif"

"It's the stomach ache" she couldn't look at him directly, not now.

"Of course" Thor was once Sif's lover, he knows when she is lying and when she is not, and because of that he didn't believe her and his tone did not hide it.

"What did you think was bothering me?"

He began to shift on the spot "the guards told me of your visit to the prisons"

She mimed 'ah' and nodded her head once "I see"

"I was wondering if that's what was bothering you"

"I'm fine"

"Sif" he was growing impatient with her tiptoeing around the situation "why were you down there?"

"I... Don't think it's any of your business"

"I know, but if it's to do with who I think it is then it is my business" he sighed.

"Yes alright I went to see him, I was curious okay?" she tried to close to the door on him but he blocked it with his arm "look Thor I wanted to see what had become of him, after all he is your brother, I've known him all my life, as I have with you"

"Before he committed a life's time of villainy in barely a week, you still view him as my brother?" Thor spoke with such disbelief, he could never imagine Sif and Loki ever having anything in common.

She thought for a second, going over her words, then she looked up with sure expression on her face "yes, I do"

"Why?" She didn't reply, what would she tell him? "The man that sits in that cell is not the boy we once knew, he has a heart as black as his hair"

For reasons unknown she felt offended "I think..." He gave her a 'what! What do you think?!' Look that she hated so "...I think that...he needs his family now more than ever" it's not what she wanted to say, but if she said 'he needs love' Thor may have gotten the wrong end of the stick.

Thor scoffed defyingly, he turned away from her and then after he had done a little thinking he turned back to her "and do you really think he deserves us?"

In her softest tone, she looked away from him "everyone deserves a second chance"

"Ugh! I see no point in arguing with you any further, good night Lady Sif" in not wanting to hear anymore of her opinion he turned quickly and strode heavily away from her chambers, sulking under his deep breaths. Perhaps he reacted too strongly.

Sif stood like she was stuck staring at the wall behind where Thor stood, she went over every word they had said, she thought she could have handled it better, she could have nodded and smiled and had it over with, but no, she had to stick in her nose where it was unwanted.

Then something compelled her to leave her chambers, she began walking down the golden corridors, she didn't know where she was going anymore, it was almost like she was sleep walking, but the more she walked the righter it felt.

Until her feet stopped, she looked up and saw a large door, a door that was familiar, but she didn't know how. As she put one hand on the door and pushed, dust attacked her eyes viciously, as she entered the room she saw nothing but darkness, cold and abandoned. It was only when she felt her way in and opened the thin red drapes to let the moonlight shine in, that she realised it was his, it was Loki's room.

The musty room stunned her for a second, why had her... Feet? Taken her there? She circled the room, looking at all the mysterious objects that Loki had hoarded through the years, her hand felt across the dusty desk and stopped at a large object lit up by the moon, it was the only Midgardian object she had ever really seen properly, Loki told her he had disguised himself and during his travels he came across what he called a record player, with a large gramophone attached to it.

It was when she saw the record that the memories came flooding back, she blew the dust off the record, lifted the needle and placed it gently down on the record, she played with the knobs until the Midgardian tune played - unchained Melody by the righteous brothers.