03

I found an outfit that was warm enough in my opinion before changing. I slipped my boots back on and tied them. I grabbed a wind breaker from my closet and slipped it on.

I grabbed my phone as well and slipped it in my jacket pocket

I grabbed my phone as well and slipped it in my jacket pocket. I pulled my hair out of the jacket and let it hang out. I walked out of my room  and rejoined everyone, minus dad and mom.

"Where is dad at?"

"Outside with mom," Cauā said. Mom came into the living room and sighed.

"Mom," Jaci said, "Are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah," She said, "Your father and I were talking. Kids, later your father and I need to have a talk with you."

I felt a nervous feeling develop in my stomach.

"Do you need me to stay home," I asked.

"No, sweetie. You need to go experience this, especially since you will most likely be hanging out at the Alpha's house."

"Why would I be hanging out with the Alpha's house? I'm not a shifter," I said.

"But you still have the gene. It's proven, you've shown signs of it and I have already talked to the alpha about it."

"What signs?"

"Remember your anger," she asked, I nodded, "That's one of the signs, usually the first. But since we lived up in Neah Bay, your wolf wasn't quite ready to come out."

"Wait, I thought females didn't shift?"

"You're correct but that doesn't mean there can't be a first."

I looked at her, "What if I don't want to be one? I mean it's cool how they exist but I don't think I want to be one."

"Sweetie, I know it doesn't sound very fun but please. We now live in an area that has the occasional leech," She said.

"Leech," Jaci asked.

"Vampire."

"Vampires exist?"

She nodded, our conversation was cut short when I heard a knock. Mom walked over and opened it.

"Hello," She said, "Come in."

I watched another boy, about Quil and my age, stepped in.

"Hi, Mrs. Lewis, my name is Embry. Old Quil sent me to pick up your daughter for the bonfire."

"Mi-Na," Mom called me over. I made my way and smiled at her.

"The door will be unlocked for when you come home. We may be asleep but don't be surprised if you see your dad on the couch."

I furrowed my brows at her in confusion before deciding that it's not worth worrying about right now.

"Let's go," I said getting a little excited. Embry nodded smiling just as big. We left and got in the truck that was at the end of the drive. I ended up being squished between two giant guys, Embry being one of them.