26

Jared's POV

Mi-Na was over at Old Quil's today to spend time with him so it was just me and the guys today, well except for Quil since he was with his family.

"Hey," I felt some nudge my leg, I looked up at Jake.

"Huh?"

"You okay? You look like you are thinking a little too hard."

"Yeah," I said, "I wanna propose to Mi-Na but I don't know if I should."

He snorted, "Dude, she is in love with you. Of course you should."

I nodded, "I need to find the perfect ring."

"Take it from a family member, she is a very simple person so get something simplistic and not over the top. Now go, I will cover for you."

I smiled, "Thanks, man."

I told Sam that I was leaving for a few hours and left, hopping in Paul's truck and drove to Port Angeles for a quick but efficient trip.

After about an hour and a half, I found the jewelry store, I got out and ran in.

"Hello, how may I help you," The man behind the counter asked.

"I need a ring to propose to my girlfriend."

"Can you tell me about her," He asked.

"She is simple, always happy, truly beautiful."

The man immediately went to a casing about ten feet from me and immediately pulled out three rings.

"Here are the three of the simple but beautiful rings we have," He said laying them out on a cloth. I studied then and finally decided on the middle on. A round cut diamond.

"Nice choice. Do you happen to know her ring size?"

"It's a 6," I said.

"Well, would you look at that, perfect size," He said before taking it over to the register, "Let me just go get a ring box."

He disappeared out back and I let out a nervous breathe. The man came back out with a sleek, black box that held the ring. He rang it up and told me the price.

$456

I swiped my card and he handed me the bag he put the box in. I thanked him and left. I got back in the truck and heard my phone ringing. I picked it up and pressed it to my ear.

"Hello," I asked.

"Hey, baby," I heard Mi-Na, my heart skipped a beat, "Where are you?"

"Oh, I'm in Port Angeles picking up a surprise for you. Make sure you are dressed nice, I'm taking you out tonight."

"Baby, you don't have to surprise me with anything," She said.

"I know, but I want to. Plus I do it because I love you and I really hope you love this."

"I'm sure I will. I will let you go so you can drive. I love you."

"I love you too gorgeous."

We hung up and I drove back to La Push, the nerves and anxiety started to work me up again. I felt like throwing up. I swallowed and pushed the anxiety and nerves back down.

I will be fine. She will say yes. After all, we are imprints.

I arrived back at Sam and Emily's, I got out and closed the door. I slipped the ring box into my shorts pocket and crumpled the back up.

No visible sign of the surprise now.

I walked in and everyone looked at me, waiting for me to say something.

"Not with her here," I said pointing to Mi-Na, "It'll ruin the surprise."

She pouted, "But, baby."

"But nothing," I said, "Now, why don't we go get dressed so we can go on our date and you get your surprise."

Her dark eyes lit up and hopped up, she pulled me with her.

"We will see you guys later."

We left.

_______meanwhile at Emily's________

Jake's POV

About half an hour after Mi-Na and Jared left, Nina came in.

"Okay, you guys," Nina said, "I want to surprise Mi-Na and Jared. I want to move them into Emily and Sam's old place. I was told that they were offered it."

"They were," Sam said, "Mi-Na was just talking about moving in there very soon."

"Well, I want to do it today is you guys don't mind me borrowing you all."

"We don't mind," Paul said.

"Alright, I will let you guys know when they leave."

We all nodded and she left, Cauā and Jaci stayed back, Jaci was wanting to hang out with Seth.

________Back to Jared and Mi-Na______

Jared's POV

I chose a white button down shirt with my sleeves rolled up to the elbows, black dress pants and dress shoes.

Thank you, Cauā, for letting me get ready in your room.

I walked out and Mi-Na came out shortly after dressed in a long, light grey dress.

"You look amazing," I said with a grin. She blushed.

"Thank you. You look good," She said looking me up and down.

"Well, before you decide to rip my clothes off, let's go on our date."

She agreed, we left and we got in Nina's car since she is letting us use it. I drove us to a nice restaurant in Forks and we got out.

---skip to proposal---

I felt the nerves come back as I stood up. Mi-Na's eyes followed me and I got down on one knee after digging the ring out of my pocket. I opened the box and her eyes got wide.

"Mi-Na Jameson, the day I saw you on the beach at the tribe council meeting, I couldn't take my eyes off you," I said, "Everyday you seem to find a new way to make me fall in love with you even more then what I already was. We have a little boy on the way and the way you hold your stomach and get so excited makes me just melt and I can't wait for more. I am so in love with you. Will you do me the honor of making me the man you want to marry?"

"Yes," She said quietly as her eyes teared up, "Yes I will marry you."

I smiled and slid the ring on her finger before kissing her and spinning her in a circle.

We are engaged.