Chapter 9: Test in Dungeon

I disarm the trap at the wall with my mana thread. That trap is designed so that the poisonous smoke will come out from the floor. Then I walk slowly to the stairs that will lead to the level 15.

This is my test before I go to Human Realm.

The mission is to defeat Zanglui, an 8 human headed serpent which is this dungeon boss. This dungeon is another dungeon in Dragon Realm which reside a high level beast. It has 20 floors and there are one boss level every 5 floors. That Zanglui is in the deepest level; level 20.

Speaking of Zanglui, I remember about Japanese version 8 headed serpent called Yamata no Orochi

Speaking of Zanglui, I remember about Japanese version 8 headed serpent called Yamata no Orochi. In Chinese legend it is called The Xiang Liu. It looks like this world Yamata no Orochi is an SS rank demonic monster.

This mission is to test my survival skill. Surely the monster in dungeon is way weaker than Naga but at least it is safer to fight Naga compared to fight with the monster in dungeon. The monster in dungeon is bound to the need to kill. One mistake can lead to death. As monster as Naga, he still knows when to pull a break.

"Wendigo?"

There are 5 wendigos that rush towards me from behind the wall at the front.

Wendigo is a carnivore humanoid monster that has a larger built than human and has a superhuman strength. They are extremely agile and has a hard skin. Physical attack won't deal any damage to them. They are only weak to fire.

Wendigo is said comes from human that had transformed into monster after misused dark magic by practising cannibalism

Wendigo is said comes from human that had transformed into monster after misused dark magic by practising cannibalism. It's different with wraith which is comes from human soul that abusing light and dark magic.

Dark and light element is different from 4 basic elements (fire, water, wind and earth). Unlike 4 basic elements, dark and light magic can't be used by anyone who don't have affinity towards that element. If anyone who didn't have any affinity towards these two elements trying to misuse them, there's a huge possibility they will turn into wendigo. Or, if they end up dead, they will turn into wraith or vengeful ghost.

But since we are in the dungeon, dungeon will spawn any monster according to dungeon's rank. There are 4 dungeon rank which is C, B, A, and S. Since this world it's all according to rank, dungeon rank C will eventually ranked up to rank B and A if there are many people died in it. And this dungeon is ranked S, the hardest rank that a dungeon can give.