Chapter 10: Battle with Zanglui; New Element Unlocked!

In front of me is the dungeon boss, Zanglui. How should I defeat it? I just stand there thinking while that Zanglui completely sees me as an enemy.

Behind it there's a door lead to teleportation chamber.

Why do I feel so trouble against this monster?

Because this 8 headed monster neutralize every attack that I fire!

Every head can cast one element; fire, water, wind, earth, light, dark, barrier, and poison. And it can use integrated element when using two heads to attack. And because of sometimes the heads attack using the elements fusing together, I'm having trouble with my Multidimensional Barrier.

Sensing my barrier issue, I remember Naga's comments about my barrier before.

"Your barrier is great and all but you're too dependent on your elements ability. When you meet an opponent who can negate the elements you own, you will be in trouble!" - Naga, one fine day when we spend time together at Rainbow Valley after my treatment finished.

"Thus, what should I do then?"

"You learned another skill from Mother, right? Time and Space?" - Naga

I nodded.

"Why don't you add that skill in your barrier?" - Naga

"How?"

"Haaa...." Naga sighed.

"I mean, I can do that with elements skill but Time and Space Manipulation has different essence, right?"

"You are the owner of that ridiculous skill, Conceptual Materialization and Creation. Why did you asked me the obvious?" - Naga

Even if you say that I still don't know what to do. Time and Space are the difference things from elements. They are not elements. What I know that I can do with Time Manipulation and Conceptual Materialization is pulling out the time flow so that the time will stop for a moment.

I dodge the attack again from Zanglui.

This Yamata no Orochi, even if I use Megiddo, it manages to stop it with barrier. Since this monster has many heads, they can cast barrier and attack at the same time. Isn't the rules of magic when you cast a barrier, you can't attack? Why this monster defeat every rules of magic? Is it because each heads has its own mana pool? Wasn't a living being supposed to only have one mana pool?

*Analyze report: It seems like monster called Zanglui, is a combination of eight Evil Serpents rank-S. It is the result when an Evil Serpent, consumed another Evil Serpent, giving another head to the body. It will continue until it reaches eight head to create a monster called Zanglui.

And that's the reason why each heads have their own mana pool. I really don't get it. When you eat something, your stomach will digest its content, right? Then the body will absorb the nutrients from the food, right? One cannot grows a head if they eat other living beings!

Flips table!