IV

"You know when you meet a person and that person is just impeccably beautiful in every humanly way possible?" Chanyeol asks before taking a shot.

"She's remarkable. Incredible. She's absolutely amazing in every single thing she does and God damn is she a beaut." Then another shot.

"And when she looks at me? God, when she looks at me! It's not pure adoration from simply what she sees on TV, it isn't how she interprets me, it's because she sees me. She sees right through me. She's, she's, she—"

"I get it." Jongin mutters annoyed. "I get that you're head over heels or some shit, but Jesus Christ Chanyeol, slow down."

Jongin continues to rub his head. He partied a little too hard considering the fact that he had to take over Chanyeol's party because the no-show, like always, did a no-show. They should have expected it but he joined the company party so they all thought he was coming out of his shell.

They thought wrong and now Jongin has a banging hangover.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and continued but slower. "Anyways, I brought her back to her place and she let me come inside—" "Wait, what?"

Jongin stares at him in awe. "She let you come inside?"

"Yeah, she let me in her— DUDE!!!" Chanyeol punches Jongin's arm in realization. "You're disgusting."

Jongin laughs while rubbing his arm. "Joking, I'm joking. Jeez, you really like this one, huh?"

Chanyeol takes a shot and smiles. "I do. I really do."

Jongin jumps off the tall chair and cranes his neck. He walks to the exit and is met Chanyeol calls him

"Wait, where are you going?"

Jongin points at the doors. "Home. I'm walking."

"Walking? What? No! You'll get caught! Paps are everywhere right now, more than usual, and saesangs are spreading out because some Youtuber thinks they met an idol and now they believe that their idols are really walking around. A pap and a fan tried to enter a bathroom with me, they're that bad right now. Wait," Chanyeol jumps off his chair now before paying the bill, "Let me take you home."

Jongin shakes his head with a smile. "I'm good, man. Besides, I kinda wanna be alone right now."

"You know I can't—"

A sigh escapes Jongin's lips. "Fine." He grabs his phone and pretends to call someone. "I'll call a driver. Keep safe, Channie. And good luck with that girl you keep yapping about. I'll catch you later."

Jongin waves goodbye and exits. Just one step ahead, he bumps into someone. He hears a small thud come from the floor and a groan.

"Ugh!!!" A feminine voice moans. "Can this day get any worse?" She mutters.

It takes Jongin a moment to recover and he realizes that the girl had fallen down. Being the gentleman he is, he tries to help her up. "Oh, shit, I'm sorry! Hey, here," Jongin grabs the girls hands and pulls her up. "There ya go? You alright?"

But then it also takes him a second to realize that he's talking a to a tiny girl.

Tiny girls are mostly his fans.

He should have taken Chanyeol's offer.

"Thanks a lot— Wait a second, you're—" "Kai, yes, I know. What do you need to shut up? Picture? Autograph? Album? Signed album? Concert ticke—" "I don't want your stupid tickets!"

Jongin falters. What the hell just happened?

"You don't want to go to my concert?" He asks her.