𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

NIKKI AWOKE IN AN UNUSUAL MOOD

NIKKI AWOKE IN AN UNUSUAL MOOD. He seemed nervous and jittery and Harper had no clue why. At first thought, Harper assumed he was shooting up again, but she didn't want to confront him especially if she turned out to be wrong. Their relationship, so far, was going well and she didn't want to ruin it already. Harper instead pushed the assumption to the side and ignored it.

She went up to Nikki who paced back and forth in her living room. Harper could sense his uneasy feeling and it was driving her crazy.

"Is something wrong?" Harper asked abruptly, causing Nikki to whip around to look at her. "You've been acting like this all day."

He tilted his head to the side. "Like what?"

"You know, nervous."

Nikki let his head hang low, his arms wrapped around himself. "I, uhm, may or may have not agreed to go see my father."

Harper took a step back, stunned. She shook her head, her expression falling soft. "Well, thats good, but are you sure you wanna do that?"

"That's a big step, Nikki," Harper added, walking up to him. "And all for someone that left you and your mother."

"Yeah, but it never hurts to know," he shrugged, pulling Harper into his embrace. Nikki sighed, resting his chin on top of her head. "And it's not like I'm letting him into my life again just like that."

"You're right," Harper mumbles, her head buried into his chest.

"How about you come with me?" Nikki asked, moving so he could look down at Harper.

Harper flickered her eyes up, hers locking with his. "Are you sure? I don't want to be a burden or anything."

"You're the only person who has been there for me, Harper, so you're fucking coming."

Harper found herself in Nikki's car, tapping her foot out of nerves as he drove. She was proud of him for taking this step and for beginning to put his past behind him. However, she was worried as to who they may run into.

When Nikki pulled into a cemetery, Harper frowned at the sight. Some people may say he deserved to be here for being shit, but still, it pained Harper. Family or not, she hated these kinds of situations.

Nikki stopped the car, letting out a shaky breath which caught harper's attention. She took his hand in hers, Nikki surprised by the sudden gesture.

Harper leaned over and placed a reassuring kiss on his cheek. "Everything is going to be okay, no need to rush. Take your time."