Chapter Five

Hello babes!

Oh my god, y'all, I'm so sorry for this epically long wait! Please forgive me! First there was the research projects, then there were the finals, then there was the work...I've. Been. Dying.

I'm trying my best to get my writing in but my schedule is an absolute nightmare! I know I usually update around once a week, but it *might* be closer to once every two weeks now, if we're being honest. Especially because there's a little something else in the works besides MP... ;)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter! The next will be from Kaiah's perspective and will be *very* dirty. Y'all are NOT prepared.

Enjoy!

E <3

~

I groaned, clutching at my chest as an unbearable ache began to build beneath my sternum. Shots of pure agony zipped down my bones, turning my muscles to liquid and my bones into glass. I staggered, wobbling unsteadily before falling onto one knee. My fingers curled inward as my back arched, and I collapsed to the ground in a pathetic heap. Being without my Kaiah was more than merely painful; never in my immortal life had I experienced such suffering.

Gasping, each breath a battle, I called for the one being who would hear me and come to my aid.

"Lucifer," I wheezed, my claws and tail digging deep furrows into the dirt beneath me.

A long-suffering sigh came from behind me, "What is it, Marc? Did my troublesome mate put you up to...Father above, what happened to you?"

I groaned, managing to twist onto my back. Above me, a golden-skinned, black-haired, blue-eyed son of a bitch peered down at me concernedly.

"Fuck, you look like death," the angel grinned at his joke, then sobered as I inhaled raggedly. "We need to get you to Raphe."

"No fuckin' shit," I spat, then dissolved into a fit of tortured coughing.

"Alright, alright, I've got you, brother." The angel hauled me up, my arm wrapped around his shoulder. Then we warped, and the grass beneath us turning to the rough-hewn stone of Hell's castle.

"Marcus? What in the ever-loving fuck happened to you?" Ammi demanded, rushing to my side to hook my other arm over her shoulder. Though she was slim and much shorter than Luce and me, she bore a good deal of my weight easily.

Perks of being a god, I thought, with no small amount of bitterness. Then, I felt a pang of guilt. It wasn't Ammi's fault I'd been cursed. She deserved none of my ire. Though, with her track record, that could change at any time.

"We need to him to my brother, Rika. Where is he?" Luce asked.

Ammi gestured down the hall, "He's in the dojo." As they began walking, she continued, "We were training when he told me you'd left Hell. I came to see what was up. Did a Nephilim do this to you, Marc?"

I snorted, though it hurt like Hades. "You could say that, yes."

Ammi growled ferally, deep in her throat, and opened her mouth to pester me further, but Lucifer's wing shot out and popped her on the ass, none too gently.