Chapter Fourteen

Hello my children!

I want to take a moment to apologize for the late update. There's been a lot going on concerning my younger sister's health and school, to top it off. Plus friend drama (because naturally, there's always got to be that BS). So, my deepest apologies for the lateness.

To make up for it, not only is this chapter over 4,000 words, what you've all been waiting for...STEAM! Yay! They getting down and dirty, y'all ;)

I won't keep you any longer, just enjoy the rollercoaster!

Enjoy,

Epsilon <3

~

I glowered at the goddess before I realized what I was doing, narrowing my eyes and bunching my fists in my Champion's shirt. I didn't like him looking so happy to see her, not in the slightest. I didn't like that they obviously knew one another from before—and clearly, they had been close. The brief thought flickered through my head that, perhaps, since he was a god now, he'd prefer her, want to be with her. She was so beautiful, so powerful, so...womanly, in a way I simply was not. Looking at her, how could I ever possibly compare? The worst part was that I knew they'd look so good, so right together.

Too bad I wouldn't let that happen. I'd never wished harm upon another, but looking at the goddess Athena right now, that changed. I was suddenly rather willing to use the skills that my father had forced upon me.

And that impulse right there was the first time I'd ever felt like my father's daughter.

As if sensing my ire, Butthena glanced down at me, and instead of threatening or becoming angry, she just quirked a brow and smiled. Not what I expected, but it was smart of her. With me clinging to him like a spider monkey, I'd just like to see her try to get close to him.

I froze as lips brushed the shell of my ear. "Are you getting all possessive of me, babygirl? Because if so, that's beyond adorable."

"I'm not adorable!" I growled back quietly, tightening my fingers in his shirt. "I'm terrifying."

A husky chuckle sent goosebumps flying down my arms. "I'm suitably cowed, sweetheart."

"Chaos save me, if I'd known you two would be so sickening, I would've just kept her!" Hades groaned, flopping into an armchair and pouting. I just stared, wide-eyed.

This particular god of death really wasn't all there.

My Champion growled at his friend's words, his rumble vibrating all around me and distracting me once again. I petted his arm gently, reverently, unable to stop admiring his new form.

It wasn't necessarily that he was more attractive as a god; he was just different. To begin with, he must've grown six inches—now he would stand taller than even Lucifer, who was a veritable giant. Still, he kept that lean muscle, in contrast to the angel's tank-like bulk. His skin had colored to a rich tawny shade, his hair lightening to a shining white-blond. He was different, but his face was the same it had always been. My Marcus.

And yet, I was so much more drawn to him in this form. I had no doubt it was a mixture of my soul recognizing the male as he was, along with his own self settling within him. When I'd said before his soul wasn't confused any longer, I'd meant it. He was at peace in a way I'd never before had the pleasure to witness. This new version of my Champion—both the same and entirely new all at once—called to me at my very core. It was as if a piece missing between the two of us had returned.