Chapter Eleven

Ugh. I am as disappointed as you that this chapter took so fucking long to come out. I am beyond sorry, y'all. 

Midterms were happening, and I'm also working on two other writing projects on the side (information to come!), plus I'm editing LG at the same time!

AKA, I'm dying.

Still, this is unacceptable, and I'm going to be prioritizing MP from now on. No more month-long waits for updates, I swear!

That being said, I hope you enjoy this chapter...from Marcus' POV! Yay! 

Enjoy,

E <3

~~~

MARCUS

"I don't like this," I growled for the third time in as many minutes. Two of the three males in the room released irritated groans, while Lacedaemon just glared at me, the fires of Tartarus in his dark eyes.

"You should not like this, vlakás! You three decided it was an intelligent move to send our women to the surface without even my protection? Whilst Michael roams free?" He spat incredulously. "Suffer the worry. It is a natural consequence of your foolishness."

Raphael vaulted to his feet at the blatant insult, shouting, "So, it's just fine for my solis to leave to hunt fucking Nephilim, but when Amirykal and Kaiah are in danger, that's when you draw the line?"

The Spartan watched as the angel approached, only cool irritation in his eyes. "I draw the line when Michael hunts for their heads. As should you. I was tasked by my Basileus to watch over the women. As a strategos-"

"Who couldn't even win a battle against a few Persians," Raphael interrupted with a sneer.

Instantly, Lacedaemon had him pinned to the wall by his throat, rage unlike any I'd seen in a long, long time darkening his expression. His arms bulged as he held the angel to the wall, his jaw clenched.

"It was an honorable death," he hissed. "Ares was chained in our city square. The spirit of war never left me, even to my dying breath," he cocked his head. "But even if I were to draw my sword and kill you now, you would find no honor in the Underworld."

Ah, Spartans.

"Must we fight like children?" Lucifer snapped, pinching the bridge of his nose in a signal that he was close to losing his shit. "My mate is not without protection, Lacedaemon. Both she and Megara can hold their own in a skirmish. And as for Kaiah..." He trailed off.

My gut clenched. I knew what he wanted to say. He wanted to say that she was just as dangerous. That she was more than experienced with killing, that she'd lived a life soaked in blood. But he didn't see what I saw every time I looked into those haunted blue eyes of hers. How delicate and fragile she was beneath that cold exterior she was always trying to don when we were alone. Oh, I had no doubts that she could dispatch any enemy that arose, easily. Michael had even thought her capable of killing Luce.

But she should never be forced to kill. Never again. It hurt her every time, chipped away at her gentle soul, and I would not allow that any longer.