Chapter Nine

Oh man, I'm back at it!

Hello y'all. 

A new chapter, as promised! And a long one, too! You're welcome ;)

A few notes before we start!

If you have time and are so inclined, would you mind dropping over to @thefictionawards and voting for Lucifer's Gift in Best Paranormal story? They explain voting, and you can vote as many times as you want! I'd really appreciate it :)

Also, my irl best friend and roommate @Africana124 has just joined Wattpad and begun writing! Her book, Sugarcane and Indigo, is fucking amazing, and she's been talking about writing it forever. While you're waiting for my updates, you should swing over! It's got mystery, horror, magic, conspiracies, and a beautiful (and sexy ;) love story!  I'm not just recommending it because I know her. She's genuinely amazing.

LASTLY. The first chapter of the novella, book 1.5 in this series, Fenrir's Choice, will be published here soon! I know y'all have been waiting for this, and it's been bouncing around in my head for a long while. I hope y'all will like it :)

Anyways, that's enough announcements for now! Hope you enjoy the chapter <3

Epsilon

~~~

 "What do you mean, Michael is alive?" Lucifer snarled, pacing towards me. "I drove my celestial blades through his heart. I watched as the light left his eyes. I incinerated him with my holy fire and scattered it across the Earth on the Northerly Winds."

"Drama queen," Ammi muttered. But her heart wasn't in it. Her eyes were glazed, her vacant face betraying her. I knew exactly what she was feeling. Now she was numb, but soon her hopelessness would overwhelm everything as the reality of her world crumbled around her.

"My father is not easily killed," I replied, eyeing Lucifer as I twisted my fingers nervously. "You should know that."

"You have no proof of this!" the angel barked, narrowing his eyes at me.

Marcus stepped in front of me, going toe-to-toe with Lucifer without hesitation.

"Of course she has no proof, Luce! What the hell do you expect?"

I crossed my arms around myself nervously, before murmuring, "I...actually might have something."

All heads turned to me. I shuffled uncomfortably. I really hated being the center of attention like this. It was rarely a good thing.

"How?" Lucifer barked, and I barely restrained myself from flinching. He was a seriously intimidating figure.

"Wings, please stop. You're turning into an angel monster again." At Ammi's words, Lucifer tucked her into his side with a giant black wing, setting a kiss on top of her head.

"Apologies, Rika." He attempted to calm himself, but his stiff posture betrayed him.

Marcus bent towards me, tilting my chin up with a gentle hand. His handsome face pinned me to the floor as he studied me. Looking for what, I wasn't sure. But whatever it was he saw didn't seem to please him.

"What do you mean, 'proof'? You don't have to prove anything to me, babygirl. Ignore the tyrant with wings."

"I want to," I promised. "He needs to believe me. You and Ammi might take me at my word, but he-"