chapter one

i continued to stare at the shattered pieces of glass that i had just punch. my knuckles have blood dripping on them but i don't seem to mind the sting that electrified my whole body.

as if i was immuned to the pain to give a damn about a small stung.

you could never escape me. i am always with you. shattering the mirrors won't keep you from me.

it's voice, once again, was heard on my voice and i felt the strong urge to grab something and throw it. unfortunately, i have nothing to throw so i let my body slip against the wall of my bathroom with my hands clutched tighly on my hair and my face on my knees. i continued to cry in frustration.

i felt a presence beside me and arms encircled me, giving me a side hug.

"why are you doing this to me?"

i sobbed out and absentmindedly, i leaned my head on his shoulders and craned my neck up to let his scent fill my nostrils.

i felt him giving me butterfly kisses on my bare shoulder as his hug got firmer but gentle. like he was holding a glass doll that will break once he let go.

i waited for him to answer but he never did. he just kept quiet until my eyes started to flutter close and the next thing i know, i was tucked into my bed with my bunny stuffed toy beside me.

"good night, my love"

author

upon eleanor's nap time, a girl, younger than her walked casually to her bathroom and stared at the mess eleanor made a while ago. the unknown girl picked up the shattered pieces of the glass and put them on the sink.

she opened the faucet and washed each piece that was stained in crimson blood. the girl inhaled shakily at the smell of the blood. sweet, so sweet and pure.

"ariadne. what are you doing here?"

a small smile graced upon the said girl's lips but she did not turn to the man who was confused as to why she was there.

"sehun. my, you left me for someone, huh?"

a humourless laugh escaped ariadne's lips and she flicked her wrist. and suddenly, the broken mirror is not broken anymore but was fixed and placed into its original place by ariadne.

"i don't need you. get out of here"

"that's what they all said"

ariadne walked towards sehun with feather light steps and stared at him, deep in the eyes. his blazing red orbs trapped ariadne into a wonderful abyss but sehun looked away when she craned her neck up to kiss him. her lips landed on his cheeks and an unnoticeable but pained smile was displayed on her lips.

"don't make this any more harder for the both of you, sehun. after all, you're just the man she saw in the mirror who haunts her. the man who only existed in her imagination"