-8-

Chan and Felix had entered a room together, to practice their shooting.

Felix felt nervous, being alone with the older male. The way Chan had acted towards Felix and Minho when they first arrived, and the way Chan had beaten up Minho because of the unfortunate incident had sunken deeply into Felix's heart.

The words Chan had yelled after Felix's best friend eccoed through the younger's mind.

'You lowlife shadow twin scum. That's what you deserve, you psycho killer. I never wanted you to move in with us or even to lay my eyes on you, ever again. I hate you. No wonder your parents chose to die, rather than to live with you. Never cross my path again.'

Felix hated the words Chan had said towards him and his brother. He hated the fact that Chan was the only person to ever make Felix's heart rate increase without even trying. He hated the fact that he feared his leader.

Felix felt unsafe and vulnerable around the older aussie.

The younger fiddled with the sleeves of his hoodie while he avoided eye contact with Chan.

A big lump was stuck in his throat making him feel nauseous and sick.

Chan on the other hand, didn't notice the other male being uncomfortable, and continued rambling about how to shoot a gun properly and how to hit a moving target etc.

Felix knew all of this already, and therefore he decided to ignore the elders words, in an attempt to calm himself down.

"Got it?" Chan asked and turned towards Felix.

Felix didn't respond as he was focusing on his breath and nauseous throat.

Chan noticed the younger's state, and looked at Felix with worry in his eyes. Felix was standing a few feet away from Chan, which Chan found rather confusing. Felix was fiddling with his hoodie, while keeping his eyes on the ground before him.

His breath was fast but not heavy, and the expression on his face looked like a combination of uncomfortable and afraid.

Chan stepped closer to Felix and placed his hand onto the younger's shoulder.

Felix quickly stepped backwards and shrugged Chan's hand off his shoulder. It looked like a reflex to being grabbed, but Chan saw that there was more to it than just reflexes.

Felix looked up at him with fear and sadness in his eyes. Once Felix locked eyes with Chan his expression changed into a slightly more relaxed one, but he still looked uncomfortable as he forced a smile.

"Lix, are you ok?" Chan asked while inspecting the boy.

Felix nodded his head and avoided his gaze to Chan's hand, eyeing it.

Chan looked down, and realized that he held a gun in his hand. His finger was on the trigger, and clearly made Felix uncomfortable.

Chan slowly put the gun down on the table beside him, and looked back up at Felix.

"Better?"

Felix nodded his head as a response and looked back up to meat Chan's eyes. He looked like he was inspecting Chan, still keeping the scared look in his eyes.

"Felix, are you.... Afraid of me or something?" Chan asked with genuine wonder in his voice.

Felix didn't answer. He didn't want to seem weak and pathetic in front of his new boss. Instead he kept silent. He didn't trust his voice to stay stable if he spoke up at the moment.

Chan took a step towards Felix and reached up his hand to touch Felix. Felix jumped back and widened his eyes at Chan's actions, giving Chan the answer he was fearing.

'Why would Felix fear me?' Chan thought.

Chan slowly walked up to Felix and grabbed a hold of his hand. Felix's palm was sweaty, but Chan didn't care. He needed to know why Felix feared him.

Why the famous, professional, lethal, fearless assasian Lee Lix feared him, a normal leader of an average gang.

"Felix, why are you afraid?" Chan's voice sounded genuine and worried, calming Felix down a bit.

He still didn't feel like answering, but forced the words out of his mouth either way. He didn't want to seem worthless and wuzzy.

"I... Never mind. It's not important." Felix said, trying to savor the last drop of dignity he had left.

"Felix, please tell me. I need to know everything about you if we're gonna be working together. I need to know that you are comfortable around me and my team, and that you trust us the way we trust you."

Chan squeezed Felix's hand while talking, making Felix realize that their fingers were tightly intertwined.

"You trust me?" Felix asked in shock.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" Chan answered.

"It's just... The way you treated me and Minho, and the things you said about us. I didn't think you'd ever trust us."

"What did I say?" Chan asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Felix gulped and awerted his gaze to their intertwined hands before answering, quietly.

"You said that you never even wanted to see either one of us ever again, and that we were psyco murderers, whose parents decided to die rather than to stay alive with us. And that you hated us and considered us low-life, shadow twin scum."

A wave of guilt hit Chan as he heared Felix speak. He didn't even realize that the hurtful things he had said to Minho in the heat of the moment had reached Felix and hurt him this bad.

Chan cupped Felix's face with his free hand and lifted the younger's face to meet his.

Felix cursed himself for the tears that had started to run down his face while speaking.

"Lix, I am so sorry I said that. I didn't mean any of the things I said to you and Minho that night. I was frustrated and angry because of the whole situation and took it out on Minho. I never thought what I said would affect you. Im so sorry. I shouldn't have acted that way towards either one of you, and I understand why you feel afraid and uncomfortable towards me."

"Its ok, Chan. Let's just forget about that, and rather practice. That's why we are here after all." Felix said and smiled slightly through the tears.

Chan let go of Felix and picked up the gun from the table. Felix walked past him and picked up a gun of his own. He loaded it and walked over to the line, facing the target.

"Did you even hear a word of what I said earlier?" Chan asked

"Nope" Felix answered while aiming his gun for the target.

"OK, so basically it's just-"

Chan was interrupted by several shots being fired. He looked at Felix and saw Felix firing his gun towards the target, hitting it perfectly in the center every time.

Once the magazine was empty Felix turned to Chan and smiled slightly.

"Wow, you know how to shoot." Chan said, impressed.

"Yeah, again. We're trained in every single field." Felix said with a smirk.

Chan laughed slightly at the aussie before him. He was actually starting to warm up to the two newbies, just like Woojin had said.