-21-

Chan woke up to a stinging pain shooting through his body. He shot up his eyes, as he let out a painful and heartbreaking scream.

The voices around him were blury. Heis eyes were open, but he was unable to register his surroundings.

Chan felt multiple pairs of arms hold the different parts of his body down, giving him a slight feeling of panic.

Chan was pinned down onto his back by a pair of arms. Chan grabbed the arms with his own and tried to get them off him, but his body was too weak to even move them.

A sudden pain erupted in Chan's shoulder. Chan tried to get away from the source of the pain, but he couldn't. A heavy stream of tear escaped Chan's eyes as his breath became heavy and fast.

Changbin, Jisung, Minho, Félix, Jeongin, Seungmin and Hyunjin was holding down Chan, while Woojin was trying to remove the bullet from Chan's injured shoulder.

Chan had woken up in the middle of the process and immediately started panicking. The others had tried to talk to him, but he seemed to be long from concious.

Woojin successfully removed the bullet and stitched up the bullet wound. Lastly he placed one of his famous band aids over the area.

Chan still acted catatonic, except for his desperate attempts to free himself whenever Woojin was hurting him.

The cleaning of the wound seemed especially painful from how Chan had screamed out in pain with his eyes flooded in tears and how he had started hyperventilating.

Chan calmed down a bit once the others let go of him. He immediately relaxed his body, but his breath was still heavy and his eyes red and swollen. His tears stained cheeks and painful expression broke everyone's hearts.

His whole body was shaking and his eyes kept on roaming the room. He looked like he was totally lost. Like he had no idea where he was.

The voices slowly became clearer to Chan once the pain in his shoulder started fading slightly. His eyes were all foggy and he was way to tired to focus on his surroundings.

"He looks like he's relaxing a bit" A voice said.

Chan was barely able to prosess and understand what the words ment. He was so incredibly exhausted.

"He hasn't been responding to anything. What if his brain was damaged?" A voice said.

Chan was unable to recognize the owner of the voice, but he was certain he recognized the worry in the voice.

"Don't worry, dongsaeng. I'm sure he'll be fine. He's just tired."

Chan started to recognize the voices around him, but he was too tired to name the owner of each voice.

Chan tried to think back to what had happened before. He remembered going to the meet up with a rival gang, to retrieve a member from an allied gang. He remembered how the leader of the rival gang had pulled out a gun on his members. He remembered placing Felix behind his body to shield him.

Chan was internally panicking. He didn't know if Felix was alive. He wasn't able to see anything around him. He wanted to scream Felix name. He needed to know that the boy was ok.

Chan opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. He tried once more, but the word came out even more silent than a whisper.

"... Lix..."

The voices around him shut up. Chan gathered all his strength and tried to speak up again, this time with a bit more power.

"Felix"

Everything was silent for a moment. Too silent for Chan's liking. He was wondering if he had died, or if something had happened to Felix, and therefore everyone had shut up.

A warm feeling spread through his body, starting in his right hand. Something made its way to in between all of Chan's fingers. Chan slowly bent his fingers, feeling a palm underneath his fingertips.

Chan took a moment, before he realized that someone had grabbed his hand. He felt a light squeeze in his hand, making him turn his head towards the right.

Chan spotted the silhouette of a person sitting next to him. He saw the person, but he couldn't remember who it was.

"Felix" Chan said while exhaling a heavy breath of air.

He needed to know where Felix was.

"Don't worry. I'm right here."

For the first time since Chan had woken up, he was able to recognize a voice. Felix's deep voice and  Australian accent was unmistakable.

A faint smile spread across Chan's face. He slowly closed his eyes as the fatigue became more than he was able to handle. Chan was asleep in a matter of seconds.

[...]

Chan woke up slowly. His surroundings were deady silent. The only notice he picked up was the faint sound of someone breathing.

Chan opened his eyes. He was surprised when he was able to recognize his surroundings. He was in his room. He was able to see clearly. His mind was clear and his body felt stronger.

Chan looked around his room for a bit, spotting a sleeping figure next to him. Felix was sitting next to Chan's bed, sleeping peacefully in a chair. Felix held onto Chan's right hand, as if his life depended on it.

Chan slowly sat up from his sleeping position, groaning silently as his shoulder started hurting. Chan's actions caught Felix's attention as the young boy shot up from his sleeping position, looking around the room vigorously.

Once Felix's eyes landed on Chan's body he shot up from his seat, looking overwhelmed. Felix stood still for a moment, just looking at Chan.

Felix snapped out of his trance, grabbing Chan's hand once again. He just looked at him for a moment before his eyes started flickering down towards the bed they both sat on.

"Thank you" Felix spoke quietly while looking at the bed to avoid Chan's eyes.

Chan didn't think as he acted. He gently cupped Felix's cheek, bringing his gaze to meet his. Chan slowly leaned towards Felix looking him in the eyes the whole time.

Felix hesitated for a moment but he caught Chan's lips with his own. He really loved Chan, and felt like kissing him would be the perfect way to say thank you for saving his life.

Chan slowly moved his lips together with Felix's, feeling his heart rate increase. The pain in his shoulder felt numb under Felix's touch.

Chan pulled away and looked Felix in the eyes. Their faces were only inches apart still.

Chan hesitated for a moment but decided to speak up, despite his troubles of communication his feelings.

"I love you." Chan whispered against Felix's lips before connecting them again.

Chan felt like he needed to tell Felix how he felt. He did not want to lose Felix without having told him how he felt.

Felix grabbed Chan's neck, deepening the kiss. His heart was beating like crazy. Did Chan really love him?

Both boys felt the happiest they had ever been. They knew belonged in each other's embrace. They were made for each other.

_______________________________________

Thank you all for reading my book.

Bye bye

:)