Chap 9

I feel like my writing in this book went from great (I was actually proud) to 'Jimmy went to store. He bought milk. He went home.'
UuUuUuUuuGh.

BUT HEY!! GUESS WHAT!!
I GOT #1 IN PERCYXAPOLLO!!
NOT ONLY THAT BUT 11K READERS!! HOLY MACARONI AND CHEESE YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!
I CANT EXPRESS HOW GRATEFUL FOR YOU I AM!!

Also, I'm bringing in some ideas and a new character made by theInquisitor1 so thank you for those!! Let's hope I can satisfy you on how I use them.
--

After several long moments of having a staring contest, Apollo finally gave in. "Fine, okay, but please. Please, tell someone what's on your mind. I don't want you to bottle anything up. Promise me, please?"

"I... yeah, yeah, okay. I promise I'll tell someone, eventually," Percy nodded, crossing his fingers behind his back. He's not going to tell anyone, as long as he could keep it hidden.

No need for them to pity him even more.

~*~

By the time the two got out of the water, it was already dinner time. The two walked in silence to the dining pavilion, both of them sat down at Table 3. Perseus quickly noticed the absence of every other god and goddess except Hestia, Hades and Apollo. The three mentioned sat around Percy at his table.

The four ate in comfortable silence, sending quick glances at each other to communicate. They needed nothing more than that.

The three gods could obviously tell something was up with Percy, judging by the way he tensed randomly or glanced off to the side. It was almost like he was speaking to someone but . . . In his head.

Hades opened his mouth to mention the odd behaviour when he froze. His youngest brother's voice echoed in his head, Olympian meeting, now.

"Hey, Perce," Perseus snapped his attention to Hestia. "We've ought to go now, a meeting was just called."

Percy snorted and nodded, "have fun with Drama Queen." Thunder rumbled overhead. The flower crown wearing leader only grinned at the sky, his infamous trouble maker smile bringing a little light into his eyes.

"Will do," Hades chuckled and flashed away.

Apollo grinned, "see you later, Perce." He pat Perseus gently on the head, much to the boy's dismay. He followed his words with a gold flash.

"Perseus," Hestia muttered solemnly.

He looked at her with furrowed brows, "yes?" He asked when she didn't say anything else.

Hestia closed her eyes briefly, "I feel it, Perseus. I can feel your hope wavering. You used to have much but from the beginning of the summer, it seemed to drop to levels unheard of. I'm surprised you aren't dead. I admit, I wanted to help for so long but the Ancient Laws bind me so.

"I'm glad that you are slowly regaining it but know that we are here. We may not be able to help directly but we can still listen. You have grown on all of the Olympians, Perseus. Whether you know this or not. Even Ares.

"If you ever feel yourself dipping below the point of no return, or if you just want to rant, never hesitate to visit, alright?" She ended her speech with her fiery irises burning into his turmoiling oceans.

Percy swallowed thickly, a lump growing in his throat. "Thank you," he whispered, his eyes dropping to look at his fiddling fingers.

Hestia smiled warmly and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder before stepping back to flash away. "There are dark times ahead, Perseus. Never give up hope. There are always people you care for you."