|let my baby stay • latrelle|

Make sure to vote and comment!✭✭

I quietly hummed to myself as I got dressed in my room. I was getting ready to go to school so I did my normal routine. As always.

Grabbing the nearby perfume bottle, I stepped over to my mirror. I lightly spritzed it on my neck and arms. Once I was finished I smiled at my reflection, pleased with my decent outfit. I was proud of myself.

Usually I would roll out of bed and just brush my teeth, do my hair, put on shoes, and go to school in my PJ's. There really wasn't anyone to impress, the school was crappy either way.

"Mija, you ready? We have to go or I'm going to be late for work." My dad knocked. Slipping on my shoes quickly, I grabbed my book bag and opened the door.

"I'm ready." I smiled to my dad. He nodded as he handed me a cup of cereal to eat on the way to school.

"Thanks." I said gratefully as I munched on the granola. We both walked out of the hallway and into the main living room. My mom stood there in the kitchen making coffee for herself.

"Bye Mom!" I waved as me and my dad walked out.

"Bye (Y/n). Love you!" She grinned lovingly.

As we finally got into the car, I sighed to myself. This was going to be a long day and I have to finally tell Latrelle my answer for our date.

How fun.

•••

"Have a good day (Y/n)!" My dad shouted from the car window.

I rolled my eyes while laughing. He always does this. Apparently embarrassing me is the only thing he knows how to do when we are in public.

"Bye." I waved while stepping on to the sidewalk. After he drove off, I went inside the building. Now I can officially start my day in high school.

How wonderful.

I continued walking through the halls and to my locker. Turning the lock, I opened the metal door while shoving my heavy textbooks inside.

"Aye (Y/n)!" A voice called out. I turned my head trying to find who called me. "Over here!"
I knew that voice anywhere, it was Latrelle. He jogged up to me and leaned against the locker.

"Got an answer?" He asked eagerly.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I stood there and shifted awkwardly. What the hell do I say? I like him a lot and I think I should say yes. But he's also from the hood and he's not the safest person to be associated with.

"Wow Latrelle. Not even a hello?" I smirked.

"Nah, I ain't with that shit." He shrugged while tilting his head to study me.

"Language. " I said while turning my back to him. Class was about to start so I decided to head early to my first period. I walked fast trying to get away from Latrelle.