|i wanna be • cesar|

Make sure to vote and comment!

"Hey Cesar, you wanted to hang out?" I asked as I sat next to him on his front porch.

He had just texted me and I came over. This was a rare occurrence because of how close we used to be. Me and Cesar became friends before the others decided to come in our small group.

"Yeah, guess I just missed you." Cesar smiled at me. I couldn't help the butterflies that had erupted in my stomach from his perfect face.

"Why? We see each other almost everyday." I laughed. He looked at me before sighing.

"I don't really know. We just never hang out with just the both of us anymore, you know? You are my best friend remember." He chuckled. I nodded in agreement.

He was right. We never hung out with just the two of us anymore. It was always with the others and sometimes it could get a little overbearing at times.

"Yes, I know we are best friends Cesar." I smiled at him before continuing. "But your with Monse, I should stay out of the way."

It hurt saying those words, but it was the truth. After him and Monse started dating, things were never the same between us. It was always Cesar and her. I should feel happy for him, but I don't.

"I know." Cesar paused before continuing. "But you were here before her. And she doesn't mind when I hang out with you."

I knew that was a lie. Monse would totally freak if she knew me and Cesar were hanging out alone. I wouldn't blame her, he is her boyfriend I would not want to share him.

"Ai mijo, what am I going to do with you?" I laughed. Cesar grinned at my words before getting up and giving me his hand. I immediately took the offer and let him help me up.

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't really care, as long as I'm with you." Cesar smiled.

Again, butterflies flew around in my stomach. How could he be so charming? He had a girlfriend for goodness sake! And yet I was still ogling over him like a boy-crazy teenager.

"Oh. Well you can choose, I don't really know where to go."

Cesar nodded his head at my statement while stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Let's just walk around and talk. We haven't done that in ages."

I politely agreed as we both walked down the sidewalk. It was silent most of the time. I could tell he wanted to say something but the words would never come out of his mouth. The same with me.

"So, hows life been?" I asked.

"It's alright. Tough, but good. How is your life?" He grinned.

"Boring." I shrugged. "To be honest I just want to get out of here. I need something new."

Cesar looked at me intently. I couldn't meet his gaze or else I would blush. And I did not want him to see the effect he had on me.

"Freeridge just isn't your kind of scene, is it? But I know what your saying. It's enough growing up here, but to grow up we're it's actually safe and we could have a life would be even better."

I agreed with him. It felt weird having this conversation with Cesar knowing we barely spoke nowadays. I missed him so much it hurt and I hadn't realized that until now.

I missed everything about him. His jokes, selflessness, and his charming words that would always make me swoon.

I guess I couldn't help it. The feelings I had for him were just too strong to deny. But I knew that he would never feel the same, especially now when he was dating a close friend of mine.

"(Y/n)?" Cesar asked as he snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at him, urging him to continue. "I actually don't know where to start." He laughed quietly.

We had stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. He had turned to face me, but he didn't meet my eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows worriedly.

Had I accidentally said my thoughts out loud? Shit, now he was really going to turn me down.

"Here goes nothing." He muttered. I stood there awkwardly until I realized he had placed his lips on mine.

I froze, not knowing what to do. I was going to push him away until my feelings took over. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. He returned the gesture as he slid his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. The kiss lasted for a minute before we both broke apart.

"That was amazing." I whispered breathlessly. Cesar nodded his head as he smiled at me, a glint of adoration in his eyes.

"What about Monse? Your with her." I said guiltily. She was my friend and I had just kissed her man.

"Don't worry about her. She told me to chase the girl of my dreams after she saw the way I've been looking at you." He said while scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. I smiled at the thought of Monse saying that.

"She's such a great friend." I thought out loud with a smile on my face. Cesar agreed as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"And your such a beautiful girl."

have i mentioned how much i love khelani and her music?? ugh she's amazing