|goodbyes • oscar|

Make sure to vote and comment!

(F/s) = fave soda

I let the music consume me. Moving my hips to every beat. The loud bass put my broken heart into a trance as I danced in the loud, sweaty crowd.

The club was dark, with the exception of colored strip lights lining the walls. The bar was packed with people, and the booths were all taken, but all I occupied was the dance floor.

I could feel a pair of eyes on me, but I ignored it. There was bound to be someone who looked at me anyways, it was an everyday occurrence.

I loved coming here when I needed to get my mind off of immature men. My boyfriend decided to break up with me for another girl. Even after the two years we had been dating. He just dropped me like I was nothing.

And it hurt like a bitch.

I continued to move my hips as I sang along with the song. I wanted to have a drink, but I knew better than that. Sadly, I could barely trust people with my heart nor my drinks. Besides, I was in no mood to get drunk. That just isn't my thing.

"Hey." A male voice said. I turned around to be met with a handsome guy.

His hair was buzzed short. A tear tattoo decorated his flawless face, and a golden chain adorned his neck. He had on a tight black shirt that hugged his broad frame.

I knew better than to act like I needed a man.

I was not the kind of girl to chase men. I knew what I wanted was of high standards. And I wouldn't change that for the world.

"Can I help you?" I asked with a hint of annoyance. I could never be too careful at a club.

"I was wondering if you would like to sit with me." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, urging him to speak more. "At the bar. I can pay for your drink if you'd like. I won't even touch it."

I knew where he was getting at. But still, I had no idea who he was. I could tell he saw that I was debating an answer, but he quickly gave me a soft smile.

Could I trust him?

"Sure. But no touching my drink." I snapped.

I made my way to the bar and sat down on one of the stools. I was planning on ordering one drink, a soda. Caffeine could do the trick instead of alcohol, right?

I could see the stranger sit in the second stool beside me. There was a hint of a smile on his face, but I ignored it.

"I'll have a beer. And she'll have..." He said to the bartender. I took that as a hint to reply back.

"A (f/s), please."

I could feel the strangers questioning stare burning into the side of my cheek. Oh well, I wasn't going to get drunk tonight.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"(Y/n)." I stayed shortly as the bartender slid my soda in front of me. I picked it up and held the straw in between my lips. I noticed how the man kept his eyes fixated there.

"What's your name?"

"Oscar. But some people call me Spooky." He grinned.

I nodded my head as I gave him a soft smile. I genuinely felt like I could trust Oscar for some odd reason. I felt no weird vibe like he was going to sell me off to...let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.

"I can tell your a bit stand-offish." He began. I peered up at him with a confused gaze. "But I'm not like the other guys, trust me. I know how to treat a lady. And you might not believe me now, but give me a chance. Because when I look at you, I can see a future. Together."

I stared at him with my wide eyes. What the hell? This was way too good to be true. But what he said was right. Most men would be all up in my space by now, but he hadn't even touched me. At all.

I nodded my head at his words. He smiled in response.

"Fine. Let's talk." I said.

We talked for hours at the bar. The loud music blaring from the speakers, and yet, all I heard was him. I was fixated on his every facial expression, to his body language when he talked about something he loved.

It felt as if we had been speaking to each other for 30 minutes at the most, but in reality it had been 3 hours. But it was so worth it.

After we exchanged numbers, Oscar walked me to my car, making sure I wouldn't get hurt at a time like this. I gratefully obliged and allowed him to take me to the parking lot.

"I had an amazing time tonight, (Y/n)." Oscar said. I turned to him as he looked at me, an emotion I couldn't read, swirling in his eyes.

"Me too. It means a lot that you actually care about my boring life." I giggled as I began to unlock my car door. Oscar shook his head as he chuckled at my words.

"Your life is absolutely worth hearing. Your a hard working woman, and any good person should be able to see that."

I sighed in content. Wasn't he just perfect?

"Well it's late, and I should get going. You better text me or I might just forget you ever existed." I shrugged, a small smirk on my face.

"You bet I will, hermosa."

half of this literally deleted and i had to rewrite it wtf