|love • ruby|

Make sure to vote and comment!

requested by @Rollerworlddruby, i'm soooo late. hope you enjoy!!

"Babe, what outfit should I wear?"

Ruby looked up from the bed he was sitting on. He stared at his girlfriend expectantly, obviously not wanting to decide.

"Does it matter? You'll look beautiful in anything, it's just my parents."

She sighed as she sat next to her pouting boyfriend. Leaning her head on his shoulder, he wrapped an arm around her waist.

"It matters to me because their your parents. And I love you so it's important to me that I make a good impression. Wouldn't you do the same?"

Ruby nodded as he pressed a light kiss on her forehead. She got up from the bed and went towards her outfit while picking out a pair of shoes to wear.

"But it's your mom that I'm worried about." She muttered to herself, making sure Ruby didn't hear her.

"Alright I'm changing, get out." (Y/n) said while pushing Ruby out of her room, ignoring his pleads to stay in and "not look".

•••

"You good?"

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." (Y/n) stuttered while wiping her sweaty hands on her pants. She was beyond nervous and thought that meeting Ruby's parents might have been a terrible idea.

"Calm down mi amor." Ruby said while hugging her. "Don't be scared. They are going to love you. Trust me."

(Y/n) kept her eyes on Ruby's hand as he knocked on the door. He usually brought a key to the house, but he of course forgot it. So now she stood there and shifted awkwardly waiting for someone to answer.

"Ai mijo! Why do you always make me get up to open the door for you, hm?" His Abuela said after opening the door, while taking her rolled up newspaper and hitting it on his head. He flinched with guilt as he stepped inside, holding (Y/n)'s hand as he pulled her in.

"Hey mom! We are here." Ruby yelled while walking inside the kitchen.

Right away, (Y/n) saw his mom placing white rice on plates while running back to the stove to check on the black beans. It took her a few minutes before she finally turned to face the two teens.

"Ruben." She grinned brightly, her smile soon faltered once she landed eyes on (Y/n). Although she tried to still have one on her face, she already knew it was fake.

"Hi Mrs. Martinez. I'm (Y/n)." She said while holding her hand out. Mrs. Martinez willingly took it and softly shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/n). I'm glad you came."

"Thank you for inviting me into your home." (Y/n) smiled gratefully. Ruby's mom nodded her head before returning back to the food.