chapter 2: 4 AM??? Really mother??

Yo, yo,yo!!!! Yeah so I'm back (finally) LOL. Anyways, this is the second chapter of Pen Pals. Just in case you thoguht you were reading some other book... That would be kinda awkward for me if you commented something like 'what happened to the vampires' hahahhahah.   

You know what? Just forget that you read that. I'm not in the right state of mind.  I think I'll just start writing the story...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So most mornings I want to murder my alarm not my mother, but when she woke me up at 4 AM IN THE FREAKING MORNING I JUST WANTED TO STRANGLE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you heard correctly. Mother dearest thought it would be a great idea to saunter into my room like she's all that, and wake me up. At 4 in the morning no less.

"Line, darling. Wake up please." My mother said. "No." That was my simple reply. Usually I wouldn't say no to my mother. I'd just do what she asked and keep quiet, but I am not in a good mood. In fact, I don't think anybody would be in a good mood if their mother walked into their room at four AM to tell them that.... well I don't actually know what she wants.

"Line, that's no way to talk to your mother. It's very unlady like as well." Of course it would be  my mother that would tell me to be lady like while in bed at four in the morning. 'Well, might as well be polite.' I think to myself, before clearing my throat and answering as politely as I can. "Sorry mother. I'll try to be more lady like. What is it that you would like?" I ask,(as politely as I can.) "Well, I came to tell you that since you failed the maths test," I was about to tell her that I didn't fail but thought better of it,"I thought that you could use a tutor. She'll be here at five, since ones brain is always working best in the mornings." With that she strutted back out of my room and closed the door.

I was about to go back to sleep but then my mothers words sunk in. Maths tutor, five AM, downstairs.

I nearly threw my clock across the room when I saw that I only have fifteen minutes to shower, get dressed and do my hair and make up. 'I guess it's time to break my record.' That was my last thought before I ran and picked out clothes, not even looking at what I'll be wearing, and taking a three minute shower. I did my hair in a simple plait and did quick make up. If someone was watching me the'd probably say that I replicated speedy gonzalez.

Anyways, when I was finished I realised I still have five minutes left so I took that moment to look at my outfit. It was actually pretty nice. I'm wearing a purple blouse with a pair of black skinny jeens and some purple flats that had a small heel. I nodded to myself in the mirror before walking downstairs. I grabbed a quick granola bar and made a mental note to grab something at starbucks on the way to school so I don't starve.

*****

I.Hate.Maths. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. Half an hour with an overly enthusiastic maths tutor and suddenly it's my least favorite thing in the whole world. So right now it's six a clock in the morning and I have an hour until school so I'm spending that hour at starbucks trying to drink as much coffee as possible before school. Also grabbing breakfast.

I brought my laptop so that I can E-mail Josh.

To:Josh_man

From:Lin-lin

Subject:maths tutor

Hi! Do you wanna hear something interesting?? no? Well, I'll tell you anyway. My amazing mother thought it would be a great idea to hire a maths tutor to come to my house at FIVE AM every Tuesday morning!! So what a great surprise it was to wake up to that today. And to make it worse the only reason she's doing this is because I got a B instead of an A. UGH!!!

I really dislike my mother sometimes. What about you? Did you have to wake up at 4 AM this morning???

I left it at that as I waited for him to reply.I took a sip of my coffee and heard a bing bing.

To:Lin-Lin

From:Josh_man

Subject: !!!!!???? # Relax

Ha ha! No, I didn't wake up at four this morning and I don't have a maths tutor. I did however get a B on my recent maths test. :-)  I'm proud of my B as should you be. Don't let it bother you too much. You got straight As on everything except this one test. You shouldn't let your parents keep you down. Besides it's Tuesday which means it's one day closer to... FRIDAY!!!

WOO!! So be excited and don't be down.

I read through his e-mail and smiled. I then looked at the time and saw school starts in twenty minutes. So I did the rational thing and bought a coffee to go and collected my things before going to school. When I got there I ran to my locker and grabbed the stuff for my first class,which is History.

When I closed my locker I saw my best friend standing there staring at me. Now, if it were any one else standing there and staring at me I would probably scream and call the police. But, no. It's my best friend we're talking about here. I wouldn't care if she gave me a goat for my birthday. I'd still take it as a joke  and laugh it off. Please, don't give me a goat for my birthday, I was just using that as an example.

"Why do you look super tired?" Jessica asked while we were walking to the History calss. "Well, long story short, my mother got me a maths tutor." I tell her, knowing that she'll ask more questions. "That still doesn't explain why you look tired and you know it." Jess, snapped at me. "Oh, Jessie-poo you always have been the impatient type." I say, teasing her slightly by using her old nickname.  She glared at me, absolutely fuming. "Alright. alright I'll tell you the whole story." I huff. "Well, mother woke me up at like, quarter-to-five this nmorning saying that she got me a maths tutor." I start but Jessica interupts me. "Why do you need a maths tutor?" She asks. "Give me a minute and I'll tell you. Now she got me a maths tutor because I got a B on my last test." She's about to say something again but I glare at her, telling her to be quiet. "Let me finish talking, will you? I had to get up and get dressed. The tutor came at five AM and left at half past five. Then I went to Starbucks and drank god knows how many coffees while e-mailing Josh." I finished my story and her face showed mixed emotions.

It went from being horrified, to being shocked to just plain out smirking at me. "Ya know, if I didn't think you were just rebelling against your parents, I'd think that you have a little crush on Josh." Jess said, still smirking at me. My only response was a slight blush and a huff. I then started speed walking towards History. Silently prepairing myself for yet another horrible, boring day at the living Hell they call school.