Chapter 6: I have to go on a Dora the Explorer search for her wall..

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!!!!!!!! I just love Halloween. It gives me a reason to dress up and eat sweets all day. I mean come on, whose gonna judge you for pigging out on sweets when it's Halloween. Everybody should have fun on Halloween!!!! 

So have an awesome Halloween!!!!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()())()()()()()()

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes. I didn't close the curtains in the living room last night because I was too tired. It's not like I close the curtains every night anyway, I just wish I had because now the sun was burning my eyes. It doesn't help that I'm in California and the sun is really bright.  So I grudgingly got off the couch, about to go upstairs, when I saw my laptop open on the coffee table with the battery at five percent. That's not what bothered me though. What bothered me was what was open on my laptop.

My e-mail was open and I realised that I had been e-mailing Josh last night. I read over the e-mails and I'm sure my face was as white as a piece of paper. Well, at least I told Josh I was tired and he didn't think I was drunk or something. Now that would have been a disaster. 'I better e-mail him now.' I thought to myself and picked up my laptop.

To:Josh_man

From: Lin-Lin

Subject: I'm so sorry. :-)

Hi Josh,

I'm sorry about that e-mail last night. I was really tired and I just got back from that barbeque. It was really fun and it wasn't at all like a big party. I met a lot of Veronica's friends and they were very nice people. I'm glad I went and thank you for your advice.

Sorry again.

Love, Lin.

sent.

I sent the e-mail to Josh hoping he was awake. Even though it is ten in the morning, he's still a teenage boy and  I'm pretty sure he likes to sleep in. While I was waiting for a reply I went into the kitchen to get some breakfast. I wasn't in the mood to cook so I just cut a bagel and popped it in the toaster. I opened the fridge to get some cream-cheese but I heard the 'bing bing' from  my laptop.

        I ran over to it and read the e-mail.

To: Lin-Lin

From: Josh_man

Subject: Your welcome, but now I have a question for you.

Hey Lin.

You welcome for the advice. I'm glad you had fun but now I need your help.

Is there anywhere you can buy a rain coat in California??? I mean seriously. Just because it's sunny all the time doesn't mean it won't rain. The worst part is I see them everywhere when I go to the mall but when I actually need one I can't find it. UGH!! Soooo frustrating.

So, I'm the damsel in distress now.

Please help me.

From, Josh.

I smiled, glad that I could repay him for his help by helping him find a rain coat. I heard my bagel pop so I ran into the kitchen and put cream-cheese on my bagel. When I was done eating it I ran upstairs to take a shower.

I got into my room and my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Jess who was calling. "Hey Jess." I said when  I answered the phone. "Hi Lin! I have to tell you something." She said. She sounded very excited and happy. "What is it?" I asked her. "Okay, well you know how Principle Windy will be retiring soon?" I nodded my head but then realised that she couldn't see me. "Yeah, he'll be retiring after Christmas. What does he have to do with anything?" I asked her, still really confused. "Well, I found out who the new principle will be. It's this middle-aged guy from Boston." She told me. I was still really confused though. "And why are you excited about this?" I'm pretty sure throughout this whole conversation I've just been asking questions. "Well,the new principle, Principle Greene, is Henrietta Weatherby's half-brother." She was now yelling in the phone and I had to pull it away from my ear so that I wouldn't burst my eardrum.  "Well I don't know why you're so excited because it's not like you can just ask the new principle for Henrietta  Weatherby's number or something." I told her.

Henrietta Weatherby is this famous songwriter/dancer who writes songs and sells them to famous singers. She's a world-famous ballet dancer aswell and she just happens to be Jess's idol. Jess dances ballet and she dreams of being a famous ballet dancer one day. Every time I walk into her bedroom I have too go on a Dora the Explorer search for her bedroom wall. Tha's how many posters she has. You literally can't see her bedroom wall. It's cool until you realise they're all of the same person: Herietta Weatherby. She is definitely her biggest fan, and now we have Henrietta Weatherby's half-brother coming all the way to California from Boston to be the new principle at our school. How did that even happen?

Next thing you know we'll be going on a school tour to Henrietta Weatherby's house. Oh Jess would love that.