chapter 5: Is it just me, or is this bacon really addictive?

• Dedicated to mom

Chapter 5 everybody! Yay, only five more chapters until it's double digits! Well, moving on to the more important stuff, only three more days unti Halloween!!!!!! WOO WOOOOOO SHJFDJHFBFBFOURHHFGO!!!!  I guess you can see that I'm very, very excited.

Anyways, here is the much awaited chapter five. Not that anyones been waiting for it.!!!!

                                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, Jessica, Lin! I'm so glad you're here."  Veronica came running over to us, and out of the corner of my eye I saw Jess put on a fake smile. 'Here we go.' I thought to myself."Veronica! The place is looking beautiful!"Veronica smiled. Obviously delighted that I called the place beautiful."I  got rfect lights and lanterns. Don't even get me started on the tent." Veronica said.  She started rambling and I just nodded my head pretending to listen. Now don't get me wrong. I like Veronica it's just that sometimes she can get a little annoying. She's very interesting as a person though; You just don't want to get stuck in a conversation with her. Does that even make sense? Whatever.

"So Veronica, how many of your friends from your old school did you invite today?" I heard Jess ask Veronica. "I invited ten people from West Stack High here and ten people from Earlton High. Making that twenty people." Veronica answered. 'Yeah, no way.' I thought to myself.  I looked over at Jess. She looked like she was about to say something but Veronica beat her to it. "Oh look. Theres Emily." She  yelled before running over to Emily. Whoever she is. "Emily must be from West Stack high." Jess said. She started walking over and I didn't want to be the only person left standing here so I followed her.  "Hi! I'm Jessica. You must be Emily." Jess said while sticking her hand out for Emily to shake it. They shook hands and I decided to introduce myself. "Lin." I said and shook hands with Emily.  She looked at me and asked,"Lin? Is that short for something?" "Yeah. It's short for Line. But as you can probably guess I prefer Lin or Lin-Lin." I said and unlike most people, who wolud laugh, Emily just nodded and smiled. Hmmm. I'm liking her already.

*****

Ten minutes later everyone had arrived at the park.Jess was socialising with all of the people while I nsat down talking to a guy called Mason and Emily. They're really nice. Mason is originally from France and Emily is origanally from Sandiago. She moved here to California five years ago.She's seventeen like me and she has an identical twin called Maria. I told them about Josh and about my parents. I was about to get up and get food when Jess came walking over and sat at the table with us. "Hey, Lin. What's up?" She asked and she didn' seem to notice Emma and Mason. "Nothing much. Just talking to Emma and Mason." I said. I knew that Jess would like it that I'm associating with other people. That's why she wants us to act all close to Veronica because she thinks it'll help me get more friends.  I don't really care anyways. "Oh hello. I'm Jessica. " She shook hands with Mason and they started talking. I got up and walked over to the food.

I grabbed some bacon, salad and egg salad. When I got back to the table someone had taken my seat. I didn't want to annoy anybody so I just sat across from Jess. I looked over at the guy sitting in my old seat. He looked around eighteen. He wore big glasses that covered his dark green eyes and looked a little like Mason. I looked away from him and joined in the conversation. "Oh, Lin. This is my little bro Timmothy." Mason said and I saw Timmothy flinch. "It's Tim."He said and I shook his hand. I started eating the bacon and realised how delicious it was. I reached for another piece but another arm took it instead of me. I looked up and it was Jess who took the piece. "Hey! That's mine!" I protested but she just smiled and took another piece.