Origins

Sarah:
My life was a living hell, compared to everyone's. Parents are supposed to be gods in the eyes of their children, looking down at them with loved filled smiles. Parents are supposed to guide their children into the world, show them love and compassion, teach them about many things, show them things, and help them complete their dream.

Sadly.... I did not have a happy beginning.

When I was born, my mother has died after giving birth to me and when I was 5, my father Roger finally snapped, blaming me for the death of my mother.

Everyday I would get hit by his fist, his belt, or anything he could his hands on and it did not help that I had gotten bullied by the other students and got no help from the teachers, and I decided that I've had enough pain and torture.

I was going to end this horrible nightmare.

But instead of that something else happened.

One night, Roger left to play poker with some of his buddies,

Making sure the horrible man was gone, Sarah walked into the kitchen, tuned on the light, when to one of the drawers, opened it up and took out a knife, and stared at her reflection in the blade as her mind was having second thoughts on her decision.

"This is it....." Sarah moved the blade to her neck, ".....one cut and it is over."

She closed her eyes and braced herself and just was about to slit her throat, when she heard a knock at the door, she put the knife back and went to the door. When she opened it, she saw a tree-like man thing that is way taller then her and just when she was about to scream, she saw the desperate look on it's face, her fear was replaced by worry.

"What is it?" Sarah said to the tree like man, and in return, he whimpered and held out his arms showing her his problem, what he was holding was a injured animal in a orange jumpsuit. Her doctor side kicked in and immediately started telling him to do. "Ok, put him on the table in the living room." The tree man walked in the house and placed his furry friend on the table while Sarah closed door, locked it and closed all windows and blinds. She rushed over to the little furry with a bag of her supplies that she uses on herself, when her father was done with daily beatings. She shook her head to clear her thoughts as she began to work, it took awhile, but she was finished, "Now, we have to wake him up" Sarah said looking at the tree man. "May I?" She asks the tree man. She got a nod and she began to wake up the little one.

"Mmmm....Groot, let me sleep" The little one moaned in a man's voice. Sarah could not help, but giggle. That woke up him up instantly, and he looked slowly over to Sarah, who was smiling at him. "Ok, I think I am dead, because I think I am looking at a angel." He said looking at Sarah, who blushed.

"Sorry, but I am no angel. Your friend." She pointed to the tree man on the other side of the table. "Brought you here, because you were wounded. Now do you need anything?" Sarah asked the little one, before she forgot to introduce herself, "Oh, my name is Sarah, if I might ask, what is your name, sir?" She asked kindly looking at her with a kind smile.

He looked at her eyes, before he smirked back at her. "Answer 1, I would like something to eat, and Answer 2, my name is Rocket."

Ever since that day, Sarah, Rocket, and Groot had become friends. They talked about many things, what are their things are, favorite food, movie, and other things. Sarah found out Rocket likes to make things, and even weapons, also she learned that Groot can only say 'I am Groot.'. Rocket and Groot are bounty hunters, who search for criminals, bag e'm and turn them in for money. She also found out Rocket's past, in which she cried in his fur. Rocket made Sarah a communicator, so she can talk to them, when ever she wants, and the duo are glad they can have somebody to treat they're wounds, and cook them some good food, it was a good companionship.

But, that changed one day....

Rocket tried calling Sarah, letting her know that him and Groot would be coming for a visit, but she would not answer and that what worried him, she always answer to his calls, so he sped to earth to see what is wrong.

When he and Groot got to her house and was about to enter, they heard Sarah begging and a older male yelling at her.

"GET UP NOW!!!"

"Please stop!"

"SHUT UP!!!".

Rocket heard something crashed and a body hit the floor. Rocket grabbed his gun and blasted the door, he and Groot rushed inside to see a man running down the stairs with bloodied hands. "What the hell are you!".

Rocket blasted the man into the wall, "Groot! wrap him up, I am going to find Sarah!"

Without a response from Groot, Rocket ran up the stairs, and saw a room door open, he ran towards it, and opened it slowly, "Sarah?". The lamp in the room was blinking off and on. Rocket searched the room that looked like a average room, except it was completely trashed and when he looked in the corner, he dropped his gun and he stared at the body in the corner in horror. "Sarah!!!" He ran to the young girl, and saw her clothes were ripped and she had numerous gashes.

The young girl weakly, opened her eyes, "Rocket......?"

Before he could reply, she passed out.

Panicking, Rocket checked for a pulse and found a weak one. "Groot!" he called his partner. Groot came rushing in the room and gasped in horror, when he saw Sarah. "Groot bring her and the bastard, we are going to Nova Corps!!!"

After landing on Xandar,  A Nova Corps officer, came over to see what the trouble was and after being informed, the officer took the still unconscious Roger into custody, while the duo rushed Sarah over to the hospital.

It was a tense several hours, since they took Sarah in for surgery.

A doctor came out, "She survived the surgery, and she is awake, if you want to see her."

Rocket and Groot rushed to her room, and saw her in the bed looked out the window, when she heard them entered, she turned to them, and began to cry, "Rocket.... Groot." Rocket jumped onto her bed and grabbed her in a fierce hug and Groot laid a hand on her shoulder, while they wondered about what they heard and saw.

"Sarah....what the hell..have you not been telling us?" 

Sarah told them that the man was her father, Roger, who began abusing her after she was born, because he blamed her for his wife's death.

Rocket was seething and Groot was confused about why a father would do such a thing to his child. Rocket made a choice. "Sarah, we are going to your place, to pack up your things and from now on you are going to be living with me and Groot from now on, Ok?"  Sarah just held Rocket close to her, nod her head in his fur, and cried.

As time went on, Sarah was enjoying her life with Rocket and Groot. She would cook meals for them in the morning, the afternoon, and dinner, she would sometimes find Rocket curled up to her side, when she would relax or when she would go to sleep. Rocket would be very protective of her, espcially when she would get harassed by men, which some would get blasted by Rocket. Sarah was eventually told by Rocket about his past and she could only cry as she held onto Rocket, who felt happy that someone other then Groot actually cared about him.

As time moved forward, Sarah began to fall for Rocket, but kept her feelings to herself until the right moment.

They were having the time of their lives and nothing would change that.

Little did she and the duo know, was that they were about to be pulled into something that will change their lives....Forever.