The End

"Well, your wounds have healed nicely."

Sarah nodded and winced as the nurse slowly took off the bandages on her shoulder.

It has been two days after the final battle with Ronan, the city had begun to rebuild as the gang spend that time resting and healing their wounds, although Sarah and Rocket have been spending it in their room that Nova Corps gave them. The duo were still hurt about Groot's demise and didn't want to be bothered by the others, who understood, but it was the next day that they were told about how Groot can be grown back, much to their shock and joy. But much to their annoyance, many news reporters were trying to get into Nova Corps for interviews with the ones, who save Xandar from a tyrant like Ronan, but thankfully they were not able to get through.

"Okay," The nurse said as she typed on her data pad, before smiling at Sarah. "You are free to go.....and thank you for saving us."

Sarah nodded, "No problem." She said as she stood up from the bed and went to change into the spare uniform that was provided as the nurse exited the room and closing the door, giving the young woman some privacy.

She just finished getting on the jacket, when the she heard someone knocking on the door.

"Yeah?"

She turns towards the door as it opened and smiled as it was Peter, who knocked.

Peter gave her a smile as well. "The rest of us are waiting outside."

Sarah smiled and nodded, before she left the room with Peter and walked to join the others.

Peter stared completely amazed and surprised at Corpsman Dey as they told him the new information they found about him.

"Why would you even know this?"

"When we arrested you, we noticed an anomaly in your nervous system, so we had it checked out." Dey explained.

Peter looked at him confused. "I'm not Terran?"

"You are half Terran." Nova Prime said, answering his question. "Your mother was of Earth. Your father, well, he's something very ancient we've never seen before."

"That could be why you were able to hold the stone for as long as you did." Gamora said to Peter.

"Not to mention, keeping us alive." Sarah added, smirking. "If you hadn't joined me and Gamora, we would not have been here now."

Just as she finished saying this, Drax and Rocket walk into the room, Rocket looking a little more happy now holding a small pot with a stick that would eventually grow to be Groot. He and Sarah shared a smile from across the room, before looking at the pot of dirt as Nova Prime spoke up again.

"Your friends have arrived. On behalf of the Nova Corps, we'd like to express our profound gratitude for your help in saving Xandar. If you would follow Denarian Dey, he has something to show you."

Peter nods to her. "Thank you, Nova Prime."

They then proceeded to follow Dey to what they were to receive.

As they walk, Sarah walks next to Gamora and Drax as Gamora talks to him.

"Your wife and child shall rest well, knowing that you have avenged them."

Drax smiles at her and continues to walk. "Yes. Of course, Ronan was only a puppet. It's really Thanos I need to kill."

Gamora gaped at him as he walked ahead of them and Sarah looked at him in disbelief.

"There is literally nothing that will make him satisfied." She mutters and for the first time in which she was sure she would ever hear, Gamora gave her a small laugh.

Sarah spun her head at her in surprise and she laughed a little more, walking ahead as well.

'Man, today is just full of surprises.' She thought as she smiled.

When they all stepped outside, their eyes widened in surprise and Peter's face lit up like a little kid receiving his birthday present as they stared at the newly built Milano.

"We tried to keep it as close to the original as possible. We salvaged as much as we could." Dey said looking proud of the work.

"Wow. I…" Peter forced out, completely speechless.

"Oh, thank God. That means the ship is clean." Sarah said, sighing a breath of relief.

"Seriously." Rocket stated, relieved as well.

Peter glared at them, but smiled when he looked back at Dey.

"Thank you."

"I have a family who are alive because of you. Your criminal records have also been expunged. However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future."

At the sound of their records being clean, Rocket looked up at Dey.

"Question. What if I see something that I want to take, and it belongs to someone else?"

Dey looked at him, slightly amused. "Well you will be arrested."

"But what if I want it more than the person who has it?"

"Still illegal."

Rocket shook his head. "That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir. Do you understand?"

Sarah begins to laugh as she leads Rocket away, Gamora following behind her, chuckling as well.

"What are you laughing at? Why? I can't have a discussion with this gentleman?"

"I think you already know the answer, Rocket." His girlfriend says laughing.

Rocket smiles at her as they board the Milano. As they walked in, Sarah sat down in her seat and having Rocket on her lap, and Groot's pot on his lap. She smiled along with him, when they see the small stick finally move and a little Groot yawned, stretching.

As Peter sat down in the pilot's seat, he turned to the group, "What should we do next? Something good? Something bad? A bit of both?" He asked them, a small smile on his lips, as music begins to play in the back ground.

Gamora smiled and leaned over. "We'll follow your lead Star Lord."

Peter grinned at her for saying his 'outlaw' name and started the ship. "Bit of both!"

The Milano lifted off and flew away as Sarah wraps her arms around Rocket and little Groot, causing the former to smirk.

Knowing that their journey has just began and ready to experience their next adventure.