Heroes, Tears, and Blood.

Sarah opened her eyes slowly, when her ears caught the sound of music. She groaned and winced in pain as she sat up. She looked around and saw the entire Dark Aster completely destroyed, concrete, sticks and twigs covering the ground. Her heart broke, when she remembered about Groot. She heard a crying sound and turned to see Rocket bent over on his knees clutching a stick.

Sarah got up, holding her abdomen and walked over to him. She knelt down and placed a arm around his shoulder. He looked up at her, tears in his eyes and looked back down at the stick in his hands.

"I called him a idiot." He said, his voice cracking.

He then turned to her and hugged her, crying softly into her shirt. Sarah hugged him back and she closed her eyes, feeling like crying herself.

Rocket's ears twitched and they separated, when they heard movement behind them. Sarah's eyes widened, when she saw who had came out of the ship's wreckage.

"Ronan!" She gasped and Rocket's face turns too one of pure hatred.

"You killed Groot!" He screamed and ran at him.

Sarah tried to grab him, but he was too fast. "Rocket, no don't-!"

Ronan only frowned and used his hammer with the infinity stone to throw Rocket aside as if he was nothing.

"ROCKET!" Sarah screamed and rushed over to him. "Oh my God, Rocket. Are you alright?" She said as she gently lifts him up.

"Yeah..." Rocket winced, but glared at Ronan as he began to speak.

"Behold! Your Guardians of the Galaxy!" He bellowed to the citizens that had gathered around the wreckage. As he said this, Sarah looked next to her and saw the Hadron Enforcer, though slightly broken. She nudged Rocket and looked to her.

"Look." She whispered and pointed to the weapon. He looked to where she pointed and his eyes lit up. He nodded and moved over quickly to fix the machine. Drax saw and Sarah looked at him, understanding passing between them and he looked over to Peter, who also saw what Rocket was doing. While all this, Ronan continued to talk.

"What fruit have they wrought? Only that my father and his father shall know vengeance. People of Xandar, the time has come to rejoice and renounce your paltry gods! Your salvation is at hand!"

But just as Ronan raised up his hammer to use the stone once more, Peter stands up and starts to sing. "Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh-oo child, things'll get brighter.' He sang Ronan stared, completely confused as peter pointed to him.

"You listen to these words." Peter said and he continued to sing. "Ooh-oo, things are gonna get easier. Ooh-oo child, things'll get brighter. Now bring it down hard!" Peter then starts to dance as he keeps singing. "Someday, we'll get it together and we'll get it..."

"What are you doing?" Ronan stared at Peter as if he was crazy.

Peter nodded at him. "Dance-off, bro. Me and you." He turned to Gamora and held his hand out to her. "Gamora."

Gamora shook her head frantically and Peter took his hand back.

"Subtle. Take it back." He said, shrugging his shoulders. Peter continues to dance as Rocket and Drax got up. the Hadron Enforcer. Sarah stood up as well and smirked at Ronan. He had no idea what they were doing, completely distracted by Peter.

"What are you doing?" Ronan asked, starting to look annoyed.

Peter grinned. "I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom."

Ronan quickly turns to Drax and Rocket as Rocket connects the two wires to fire the weapon and they fire the weapon at the hammer. The shot destroys the hammer and the infinity stone flies out of it. Sarah reacts quickly and jumps to catch it.

Rocket drops the weapon and stepping forward. "No! Sarah!" but it was too late.

Sarah grabs the orb and the power and energy begins to consume her, causing Sarah to scream in pain as her skin begins to crack with purple veins appearing. Realizing what is happening, Gamora stumbles over to her.

"Take my hand, Sarah." She screamed at her. "Take my hand!"

With some trouble, Sarah reaches out and grabs her hand. The energy from the stone begins to consume Gamora as well. Peter struggled to reach her, but finally made it and grabs her hand, the energy filling him as well. Drax forced himself over as well and grabs onto Sarah's shoulder and Rocket's grabs onto Drax's finger. the five of them struggling to hold in all the power and energy of the stone.

Ronan stared at them in surprise and rage. "You're mortal! How?"

Sarah looked at him. "You said it yourself, We're the Guardians of the Galaxy. Now, it's game over for YOU!!!" Sarah opens her hand and released the power of the stone at Ronan. All the energy took over Ronan's body and in seconds, the stone completely destroyed him.

Gamora reached quickly into her pocket and slammed the case of the orb over the stone, containing in its power.

Peter and Sarah smiles weakly at her and Gamora hands Peter the orb, just as Yondu and his men show up.

"Well, well, well. Quite the light show." He chuckles and walks in front of Peter. "Ain't this sweet. But you got some business to attend to, before all the nookie-nookie starts." He said as he saw how Peter smiled at Gamora.

Gamora looked at Peter in shock "Peter, you can't." she said sounding desperate.

"Peter." Sarah murmured, her expression with the same desperation as Gamora.

"You gotta reconsider this, Yondu." Peter told him. "I don't know who you're selling this to, but the only way the universe can survive is if you give it to the Nova Corps."

Yondu only frowned and whistled, a small arrow flying out of his pants pocket. The arrow floated in front of Peter's face and Peter's eyes widened.

"I may be pretty as an angel, but I sure as hell ain't one. Hand it over, son." Yondu says, holding out his hand.

Peter looks at his hand and then the orb and reluctantly gives it to Yondu, who laughs and turns to leave, when Peter stops him.

"Yondu"

He turns slowly to face Peter again and Peter looks at him, serious with a small glimmer of worry in his eyes. "Do not open that orb. You know that, right?, You've seen what it does to people."

Yondu only chuckles to himself and walks off to his ship.

Sarah stare at Peter in disbelief. "How could you... How could you give him the orb?"

Peter looks at her and gives her a small smile. "I know. I am in deep trouble. Because he is gonna be pissed, when he realizes I switched the orb on him."

Gamora chuckles and grabs his arm softly. "He was gonna kill you, Peter."

"Oh, I know." Peter says sighing. "But he was about the only family I had."

Gamora smiles at him. "No. He wasn't." 

Sarah pats Peter's shoulder and gives him a small wink as she walks over to Rocket, who was still knelt over Groot's pile of twigs.

She sits down next to him and reaches over and grabs his hand. He stiffens for about a second, but relaxes and squeezes her hand back. Sarah glanced over to him and saw he was still looking extremely depressed and was about to say something, when Drax came over and sat down on Rocket's other side.

Drax looked at her and she gave him a small smile. Drax nodded in return and looked down at Rocket. Seeing the state he was in, Drax lifted his hand and began stroking the fur on Rocket's head to comfort him.

This time, Rocket sat up straight and his ears twitched, his body completely stiff. After a few seconds, Rocket gave in and relaxed. Sarah stared at him for a minute and then smiled.

Sarah gently picked up Rocket as Drax takes his hand back and holds him tightly to which he buries his face into her vest and they both began to tear up as they mourn the loss of their giant tree friend, who gave his life for them to live.

"Groot..." Rocket whispered as he started to shake, causing Sarah to hold him more tightly as her tears fell down more faster and she buries her face into the top of Rocket's head.