The Collector and Drax's Stupidity

The group leaves the bar and follows the pink-skinned woman in silence until Peter breaks it by walking over to Gamora and whispering in her ear.

"Who is she? Is she your 'connection' that we've been waiting for?" he asks, looking in front of them.

Gamora nods. "Yes. Or rather his assistant I assume."

They enter the large building and Sarah's eyes widen. The whole place is full of glass cases and many of the cases are filled with exotic looking plants and animals and other creatures. Living creatures! She looked around at the cases, scared at what she saw.

"Okay, this not creepy at all." She heard Rocket mutter beside her. She smiled at him and turned to the woman, when she began talking to again.

In an airy and distant sounding voice, she said "We house the galaxy's largest collection of fauna, relics, and species of all manner.

Sarah saw Rocket glaring and snarling at a dog from Terra.

"C'mon. Quit growling at it." She said softly grabbing his shoulder and pulling him along.

"Hey, he growled at me first." Rocket protested as they continued walking. She giggled and shook her head, walking slightly ahead and he smiled softly at her, and grabbed her hand as they walked with the others.

"I present to you, Taneleer Tivan, the collector."

The man turns to them, looking over his glasses and walk over to Gamora.

"Oh, my dear Gamora. How wonderful to meet in the flesh." He says in the airy and distant voice, his assistant used. He took Gamora's hand and kisses it.

 The collector looks over to the rest of the group and notices Groot. "What is that thing there?"

"I am Groot." He answers. The Collector slowly walks over to him, his eyes moving over him and looked up to meet his face.

"I never thought I'd meet a Groot. Sir, you must allow me to pay you now, so that I may own your carcass. At the moment of your death, of course." He said very serious.

'What the hell is wrong with this guy?' Sarah thought looking at the man in front of them.

"I am Groot." Groot responded, shrugging his shoulders.

Rocket snorted and frowned at Groot. "Why, so he could turn you into a frickin' chair?"

The Collector smirked at Groot." That's your pet?"

"His what?!" Rocket screamed, furious and reached for his gun while the Collector chuckled at his response. Sarah puts a hand on his shoulder and he backed down. Gamora stepped in, looking annoyed.

"Tivan, we have been halfway around the galaxy, retrieving this orb."

"Very well, then." The Collector says sighing. "Let us see what you brought."

Gamora looks at Sarah and she nods, taking the orb out of her pocket and handed it to the Collector. He takes it from her and walks over to a table near them and places the orb on the table, in between a sort of machine on it. He looked at the group and a small grew on his face.

"Oh my new friends. Before creation itself, there were six singularities." Screens popped up around them, images popping up on the screens. The machine the orb was between began to open it as the Collector continues to talk. "Then the universe exploded into existence, and the remnants of these systems were forged into concentrated. Infinity stones. These stones, it seems, can only be brandished by beings of extraordinary strength. Observe."

He pulls out a video of a planet getting destroyed, Sarah stated at this in disbelieve. This is what Ronan wanted?.

Peter looked scared, muttering "There's a little pee coming out of me right now." his eyes never coming off the screen.