The Escape Plan

After finding a nice place to sleep in, Rocket and Groot comforted Sarah until she stopped crying, and when she did, they began to talk.

"So, you think up of how we're gonna get out of this place yet?" Sarah asks Rocket as she wiped her remaining tears.

They were in a large cell, and it looked like almost like almost half of the prison was going to sleep in it. Groot leaned up against the wall and formed a small sort of nest in which Sarah was now sitting in.

Rocket looked around to make sure no one heard or was eavesdropping and answered "Yeah. You see that watchtower out there?" He asked pointing outside. Sarah and Groot turn and look through the cell bars. They nod after seeing the tall structure and Rocket continues.

"Well on the side of it, there's this little box with a yellow blinking light. I'll show you tomorrow. Anyways, inside it is a quarnyx battery. I need it, because I'm gonna use it to get into the watchtower."

"Ok. Good plan. But how is a battery going to help us get in? We're going to need something else." Sarah said.

"That's my problem. I still gotta work that part out. I still don't know what we could use." Rocket said, running a paw through his fur while he sighed.

Sarah laid her head back and thought about the situation. Seconds later, her face lit up and she exclaimed "I got it!"

Rocket jumped slightly and looked over to her. "Alright, what is it?, Just keep it down."

Sarah smiled sheepishly "Sorry. I just remembered that the guards use security bands on their arms to control all doors in this place. I noticed it, when the guards took us us to get cleaned up. We could connect that to the battery to break in."

Rocket looked impressed "Yeah. You're right. Nice Job sweetheart."

Sarah smiled proudly, happy to have helped him, making Rocket smirk. It amazed him how different they could be personality wise. She was mostly always happy, except when he got her mad. Rocket smiled at that. He loved it when she got mad. But he liked the thought that he could protect from everyone who is dangerous. But sometimes, he worries she could get hurt from his trigger happy attitude. Sarah was mostly calm and really thought things through, unlike how he would just think up of something on the spot. She kept him in check, most of the time.

"Come on Rocky. Let's go to sleep. I'm really tired." Sarah said as she laid down on the nest and Rocket climbed on top of her, curling up on her stomach,

Sarah smiled and placed a hand on the soft fur on his head, emitting a purr from Rocket. Only minutes later, he fell asleep, his breathing a steady rhythm and she followed him into sleep.

Rocket awoke with a start as he felt a sudden movement near him. He sat up blearily and squinted across the packed cell, as he saw Quill creep out the cell door.

"Quill, where ya goin'?" he muttered sleepily as climbed off Sarah, who was still asleep along with Groot.

Quill was either ignoring him or he simply didn't hear, as he continued on his was out of the cell and down the path.

"Quill!" said Rocket again. He sighed heavily in exasperation, realising that a), Quill was probably off doing something strange and life threatening, and b) He, Rocket, would have to be the one to go after him.

His voice awoke Sarah, who sat up straight away as if she'd been electrocuted.

"Rocket?" She said, rubbing at her face. Her eyes were half stuck shut with sleep and her long brown hair was up in tufts all over her head. She looked strangely adorable.