A Message Left In Blood

Prompt: My interpretation of what happened during the Stanley Hotel series since the psychic said Colby (and Corey) were more susceptible than the others to the spirits (although this is mainly/only about Colby).

"The two of you... have something going on. Something coming up for you... um, in the future. Doesn't necessarily mean it's tomorrow. Um... but it is coming up. It's a little bit darker than I would like to see."

***

"SAM! Sam, dude wake up!"

After being pushed and hissed at, Sam blearily blinks his eyes open and looks up at whoever's above him, squinting when he's met with light. He rolls over a bit and looks up to be met with Corey, camera and all. Sam groans. He's recording.

"What? Corey, what?" He groans back, sleepy and peeved.

"Look at me, right now. Sam, did you-I need you to tell me the truth. Did you and Colby, or Colby and Jake, or anyone-did anyone do anything with Colby last night?" Corey asks, eyes wide in sheer (or should I say... Scherer) fear.

Sam wrinkles his nose and looks up with Corey at disgust. "No! Dude, why are you asking that-no, we didn't do anything! What-wait, what do you mean by 'anything?'"

Corey runs a hand over his face, his tone deadly serious, matching his expression to the dot. "Are you pranking me? Is Colby pranking me? Tell me the truth-are you trying to freak me out?"

Sam rubs his eyes and sits up on the side of the bed, severely disoriented. "No. Corey, I swear to God-what prank? What are you talking about?"

Corey's eyes go wide once more and he sets his camera down, turning it off before fisting his hands through his hair in panic. "Duuuuuude, I don't like this. You know I don't like this."

"Like what?"

"Dude, look at Colby's back!"

Sam shoots Corey one last look before turning back to the bed, where Colby lays, asleep. He's shirtless, sleeping on his stomach, and their blanket is strewn halfway up his back, resting more so towards his hips. The second Sam looks, he knows exactly what Corey's talking about. Carved into Colby's back, in what looks to be cat claw marks, is the name 'LUCY' written in what appears to be a child's handwriting. Little bursts of blood are pooling around the shallow cuts and the skin around the slices is red. Colby looks unbothered, however, as he's still asleep.

Sam launches himself off the bed as soon as he sees the carving. He backs into Corey, who's just as freaked out as he is. They both exchange terrified glances and Sam can't even begin to fathom what the hell is going on.

"What... is that?" Sam whispers, voice shaking. "Who... what did that?"

"I don't know!" Corey exclaims. "I-I was the first awake and was I gonna go to the bathroom when I saw... that! And like Colby's lips-they're blue. I kind of inspected him but like, I'm so freaked out I didn't want to get too close."

Sam furrows his brows. "Wait, what? Colby's lips are blue?" Sam cautiously approaches Colby and gently pulls his head from wedged within his pillow. Lo and behold, Colby's lips are tinted blue, almost as if he has hypothermia, yet there's no other indication that he's cold or unwell.

"What the hell?" Sam hisses, pushing himself and Corey back. "What the hell?"

"I don't know, bro!" Corey exclaims, biting down on his fist. "Dude, should we tell Jake? He doesn't believe in this crap, m-maybe he has an explanation? Maybe he did something?"

Sam nods, too stunned to response intelligently. He and Corey, both trembling minutely, approach Jake, who's still asleep in his sleeping bag, curled up in his blanket on the floor. He looks so content and sound asleep, that Corey and Sam almost don't want to wake up.