Deadly Compromise

Prompt: When a group of angry satanists stumble across Sam and Colby's channel by chance, they become enraged with the ways the two boys gain popularity for doing what they do, and wrong. Following that, Sam is put in a life-or-death situation where he's forced to choose between saving the life of either Katrina or Colby.

"Dude, there's this guy sending us really intense emails," Colby says, nudging Sam, whose sprawled out on the couch next to him. They're both editing on the couch in the living room, Spongebob playing softly on the tv for white noise. They're both sunken into the couch and are having a pretty casual afternoon. "Well, I mean they're being sent to me but are addressed to 'Sam and Colby' so..."

"What are they saying, bro?" Sam responds in a bored tone, not even looking up from his laptop. Paranormal things happen to them all the time and there are tons of people trying to prank them via email.

"Umm, well there's like seventy in a row but..." Colby scrolls down on his laptop and squints. "This one says they, and I'm assuming it's more than one person,  'Sam and Colby, you are fake. We will find you. We are watching you. Some day you will understand true fear. Watch out' and this one just says, 'We found you. Expect company soon,'"

Sam sits up in his seat, turning to Colby whilst wrinkling his nose. "How recent are they? The emails, I mean."

"Ummm," Colby pauses to read the dates. "It's been like a month since they were sent, man."

Sam exhales and slumps back down into the couch, regaining his previous composure. "Oh. It's probably just some assholes trying to prank us. Or maybe it's one of the roommates. I wouldn't worry too much about it, man."

Colby gives his computer one last worried look before closing his email. "Okay... I guess. If you say so, dude."

Later That Night...

Sam sends yet another text to Kat asking her to come out, groaning as he's yet again met with no response. He's waiting on the driveway of the trap house in his car for Kat, whom he told to get ready for a date. He spent a good portion of the afternoon picking out flowers and gifts for her for their upcoming anniversary but for the past half and hour, she just stopped responding. 

Sam knows she's at the trap house, she told him she'd wait for him there, but the only other person home (that he knew about) was Colby. Sparked with an idea, Sam sends a quick, 'hey man, is kat ok? '  to Colby, ensuring he's not overreacting about Kat's phone dying or something equally stupid. 

After another ten minutes of no response from either Colby or Kat, Sam decides to head into the house to see what's going on. Maybe they're filming a video and lost track of time, maybe Kat's phone died and Colby's asleep, hell, maybe they're waiting for him to waltz in so they can prank him! Either way, there's an array of possibilities and Sam shouldn't be freaking out over no response.

Slamming his door shut after climbing out of his car, Sam lets out an aggravated huff and heads towards the house, swinging the front door open. Sam walks in cautiously, ensuring there isn't a pie tin full of whipped cream waiting for him behind the door, before continuing.

After surveying their surroundings, Sam deduces it's safe so he walks in, keeping his shoes on as he makes his way further into the house. Something that's unusual, however, is the lack of light in the mansion. It's already pretty dark outside so it makes no sense to have most lights off in the huge house.

The kitchen light, however, is on leading to the garage, the door cracked open with light spilling in. Assuming it's Colby and Kat setting an elaborate prank up on him, Sam approaches the door slowly, a gut feeling telling him something's wrong and it isn't a prank.