Intentional Incident

Prompt: In Colby's latest video he discuses his run ins with bullying in high school. He talks about a time when a group of footballers approached his home when he wasn't there looking for him. What if his parents weren't home when he was?

Sprawled out on the couch watching tv, Colby shovels another slice of pizza into his mouth. His eyes feel somewhat strained since he's been sitting in front of the tv for hours now but he doesn't mind. What can he do? His parents went out on a date, his brother is out with his friends and Sam is busy doing homework. That just leaves him, home alone with nothing to do but mindlessly watch along to crappy reality tv.

A knock at the door startles Colby from his trance and he just barely turns his neck before ignoring it. His mom specifically told him not to answer the door unless he knew who was there. Besides, Gage (his brother) and his parents all have keys so there isn't any reason why they would have to knock.

Colby just shrugs it off, assuming it was just some Jehovah's Witness or something, nothing important. So, he just returns his attention back to the tv and almost instantly forgets about the knock at the door.

A couple minutes later another knock at the door jolts Colby, who turns down the volume to the tv and turns to the door, his face scrunched up as he contemplates answering it. It could just be a really dedicated Jehovah's witness and besides, his mom told him not to and the last thing he wants to do is accidentally get roped into some pyramid scheme just because he answered the door. No, he'll wait until they leave.

Waiting a minute in almost complete silence, Colby shrugs and turns the tv back up, his mind still focused on the door even though he's trying to ignore it to the best of his abilities. 

Another five minutes or so go by when another knock rattles Colby from whatever knockoff Bachelorette he's watching. Somewhat irritated, Colby gets up and goes over to the window, gently tucking a piece of the curtains back. He pokes an eye out and squints to see past the dark atmosphere of nighttime, trying to make out a figure at the door. Staring at his door, he suddenly realizes there's no one at the door; the front of his house is void of any person. Colby draws the curtain back further and his eyes immediately widen when he makes out a line of guys around his age dressed in their football uniforms standing at the end of his driveway like bodyguards, their hands clasped in front of them. 

Colby immediately ducks down and his breathing gets faster, his eyes comically wide as he grabs his phone from his pocket. With shaking hands, he unlocks his phone and goes to texts, going to his moms contact before sending her a rushed message barely decipherable. It ends up reading something like 'tjere sthese fooyball guys in grobt of th ehoise and i dontk noq what todo m scaref'   

He even calls his mom but of course, it goes straight to voicemail and, when he goes to call his dad, the same thing happens. He curses under his breath. They must have put their phones on silent for the date and won't be back home for another hour or so. Shit.

Desperate, Colby goes to texts and goes to Sam, typing out the same message just more grammatically correct. He almost spells all the words right and when he sends it, he finds himself impatiently waiting for Sam's response. What the fuck does he do, what the fuck is going on...

Another knock on the door makes Colby jump slightly, his skin already clammy. He feels like he should just wait but the fear bubbling up inside him is making dozens of questions race through his mind. What if they break in? What if his parents don't come back and he becomes trapped inside his own house? What if they beat him to death?

A sudden confidence surges up in Colby and he manages to confidently yell, "GO AWAY."

He's met with silence and he waits, anticipating something, for an agonizingly long time. He lets his guards down and exhales, assuming they left just because he yelled go away, no matter how little sense it makes. He's just looking for the positive, trying not to stress himself out more than required.