Prank Gone Wrong

Prompt: Remember when Colby pranked Aaron by hiding in Sam's closet making loud noises whilst trying to convince him their house was haunted and - little did he know - Aaron, scared, grabbed a knife when he went to investigate and almost ended up stabbing him? What if Aaron actually did when he was pranked by his roommate, taking things from okay to possibly deadly?

SLAM!

Colby slams Sam's closet door shut once more and giggles like a little kid, filming shakily as he awaits Aaron's arrival for the prank to really kick in. The anticipation is almost killing him, and he wants nothing more than for Aaron to open the door so he can scare the crap out of his roommate. Oh how evil he is.

Smiling widely, Colby listens carefully for the sound of Aaron's footsteps padding down the hallway. He's practically vibrating in anticipation, clutching his camera in a tight grip as he waits, a smile wide across his face. Such a perfect opportunity presented itself to him. Sam, Kat, Elton, Corey and Jake are all out, it's just Aaron in the house and he wholeheartedly believes there are ghosts in the house.

What better way to prank him than to make loud ominous crashes from within the house, thus scaring the crap out of him?

Trying to suppress his giggles, Colby quiets down in the closet, opening the door before slamming it once more, aware of Aaron's presence down the hall. Unbeknownst to him, Aaron jumps at the sound, clutching a knife firmly in his grasp as he comes prepared to confront whatever the hell is in their house (he knows something or someone is there, he just knows it).

Colby smiles and can just barely hear Aaron talking, which he immediately realizes means his roommate is talking to his camera. Just as Colby had hoped, Aaron is vlogging, which will make his prank oh so much better considering then he'll have footage of Aaron's face as he slams doors and generally makes loud noises.

Colby hears Aaron push open Sam's bedroom door and after a second, a small bar of light is cast into the closet from the bottom of the door, meaning Aaron turned on the lights in the main room. Colby's body is pulsing with adrenaline, so much so that he can barely keep still. The rush he gets from pranking/scaring something is almost addictive, and Colby can't wait to see the look on Aaron's face when he jumps out of the closet and scares him.

"S-Sam?" Aaron stutters breathlessly, padding into the room. Colby can hear the hesitation and fear in his friends voice, and it makes him feel guilty for a split second. But it's too late to go back now, he just has to go through with the prank.

Colby can hear and feel Aaron approaching the closet, his steps quick yet delayed, almost like he's second guessing himself. Colby waits and waits, and feels his heart rate quicken as he hears Aaron grasp the door handle and turn it, slowly opening the door.

In the next moment, Aaron quickly opens the door, standing defensively on the other end and Colby wastes no time in responding accordingly, letting out some sort of battle cry/scream, to scare his roommate. And it has the intended effect on Aaron.

However, he has no time to react or even comprehend what's about to happen when Aaron, fuelled by fear, surges forward with the knife and plunges it into Colby's chest (or as he sees it, this figure in his closet's chest). All it takes is a second for Aaron, acting on impulse, to plunge the knife into Colby's chest, which takes the prank from moreover harmless to dangerous. 

To make matters worse, as soon as the knife is plunged into Colby's chest, Aaron lets go of it and takes a step back in shock, eyes wide as he stares at the scene unfolding in front of him.

They both stop for a second, and that's when Aaron realizes it's only Colby in the closest and that's also when the pain registers in Colby. He gasps and struggles to breathe as he stumbles backwards,  his camera slipping from his suddenly sweaty palm. Eyes wide and jaw agape, Colby looks down and gags when he sees the handle of the knife sticking out of his chest, at an angle somewhere in his right pec. Time slows down yet comes crashing down on him in the next instant threatening to suffocate him all in one as Colby's life flashes before his eyes.