Lost Memories

{Baxter x reader}

Baxter walked a few steps out of the hotel. He sighed and looked at the red sky above him. He found himself thinking of a young woman, a woman that he can't seem to remember much of, he can't remember what she looked like, nor her name. But all that he can remember is the screaming on top of her lungs and tears streaming down her cheeks, holding onto his body. The words "Don't leave me alone!" Echo through his mind each day, getting louder with each passing day. He found himself with tears in his eyes and chuckled darkly, taking out a handkerchief from his left breast pocket. He softly patted his tears. He looked around to make sure he was alone and he was.

He smiled a small smile and walked towards a shop that carried all the items that he needed for his experiment. The experiment he was working on was a truth serum. For the base, he needed a face moisturizer. He blushed as he stepped in the make up salon called The cats meow. Not everyone there was a cat, there was a possum. The possum looked at Baxter and smiled.

"Welcome to the cats meow, I'm (Y/n) (l/n) How may I help you?" She asked in a semi cheery tone. Baxter looked at the possum, her short hair in small waves and her toothy grin, made him blush.

"I-I was looking for a face moisturizer and um to you maybe know where it is?" He wheezed out.

The possum grinned. "Something about this fish boy seems familiar." She thought as she got out of the front desk and walked towards Baxter.

She bend down the tool look at him. "Your nickname is fish boy," She said with a smile. Baxter looked at her confused. "Wait don't you work at the salon in the Happy hotel?" Baxter questioned her.

The (h/c) possum turned around and grind. "Yep!" She shouted. The (h/c) possum smiled. "You remind me of someone I use to know, fish boy," she said and continued to walk forward to an aisle.

"What type of face moisturizer are you looking for?' She asked before Baxter could think of the comment she said before her question.

"I'm looking for one that has a protein mostly found in carbon," he said to her with a confused glance. She seemed to stop in her tracks when he said this, her mood seems to change a bit. She turned around.

"You don't plan on making drugs with it?' She looked at him as if he were bait. He shook his head violently. She chuckled, "I'm saying if you did make a new drug created me." She winked. Baxter raised a brow.

"Well, I may or may not make my own products from time to time," She said as she grabbed a box of the shelf next to her she then gave the box to Baxter. "Also tell Angel dust to come by once in a while." She said to the small fish boy.

Baxter looked at the price of the homemade moisturizer and almost fainted. She grinned showing her tooth gap.

"It's on the house." She giggled. Baxter's eyes widen hearing this women giggle. He coughed asking her another question.

"Do you have a camellia blossom?' He asked with his cheeks becoming a darker shade of blue.

"Real or fake?" She asked bluntly.

"Real," He said.

"How many?" She asked.

"Twenty-six," he said bluntly.

"If I didn't know any better I'd assume you're making some type of truth serum?" She asked.

Baxter looked at her in shock. "How did you know?" He asked her. She smirked and giggled.

"If you combined camellia oil with carbon you're met with a nice bubble bath, but if you add a little sugar and pepper then you have yourself a truth serum, you can also add milk flower and eggs to make cookies with the same truth serum effect." She smirked showing her tooth gap.

Baxter Blushed madly at this smart beautiful woman in front of him. He looked away unable to keep her gaze. The short-haired possum smiled and chuckled.

"You really do remind me of him, fish boy" She pats his head and walked up to the front desk packaging everything. Just as he was about to leave. He turned around. "Thank you, Miss, (Y/n)" He said and walked out.

~Time skip to 6 months later They weren't very busy and decided to do make them together~

Baxter was in the kitchen and (y/n) was beside him reading off the ingredients, for the cookie dough. He started making the cookie dough while (y/n) made the Camellia oil. She turned on the stove as the flames lick the pan her eyes widen.

~Flash back~

Her lab partner smiled at her and took out two packets of coke. She took a look at him and raised a brow. He said nothing as he poured water and the packet of coke into a beaker. He looked at her and smiled. He then put the other packet of coke without water into a beaker.

"I'm going to see if it's possible to make a hallucinogenic drug, but it's the same compound as cocaine!" He laughed.

(Y/n) felt as if this were a bad idea and shook her head. He took sugar out and put it in the coke and water compound. Then put one in the other. He grinned and chuckled a bit.

She spooks up. "Are you sure about this, Baxter?" She asked him a little unsure. He nodded.

"My darling (y/n) a mad man as such as I hold no boundaries. I thought you knew that" said the mad scientist. "You mean testing these yourself!?" She questioned an outrage.

Baxter smiled at her a nodded not even fazed by the idea he could die. (Y/n) looked at him with so much rage.

"If you have a problem leave," he said with a snappy tone. She looked at him for a split second and sighed.

"I'll come down later to check up on you, and if you get hungry just yell my name or whatever." She then walked out of the basement and closed the door behind her.

She felt scared leaving him alone. Something told her to go back but she turned away and pushed those feelings aside.

She got to work making dinner. Once she was done she went back down to the basement and knocked. "Baxter, dinners ready," she said but heard no movement. Her heart sank. She opened the door to find her friend on the floor not moving an inch nor was his eyes closed. She ran to his side and began to shake him violently. "Wake up! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WAKE UP!" she screamed. "DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!" She screamed with tears streaming down her face as she holds him tightly.

~End of flashback~

Baxter looked at (y/n) who was trembling. He then started to hear small sobs from her. He walked up to her making sure she wasn't hurt.

"(Y/n) are you oka-" he was cut off by (y/n) hugging him. "

I'm so so sorry, I wish I was there to watch you. But I thought you needed your space so I left you alone." She said as she trembled. Baxter was confused.

"Don't ever leave me alone again" she hickuped. Baxter's eyes widened and looked at her and smiled warmly. 

"This fish boy ain't going nowhere," he said with a smile. (Y/n) smiled. "Let's get cooking," she said with a small smile.

They soon were finished and popped the cookies in the oven. (Y/n) looked at her fishy friend and smirked. "Hey, you have something on your face," she said which caught Baxter's attention. He turned around and was met with (y/n) kissing his cheek which caused his angular light to light up. "Never mind it was just me," she said with a wink, which caused him to blush a darker shade of blue. "Your mean," he said in a flustered state. "I'm not mean, you're just sensitive," she said with a smirk.