{~Please, Be Yourself~} Akashi x Reader

I've just read the last chapter of Kuroko no Basuke. It hasn't been what I had expected but nevertheless it was a good chapter and very heartbreaking. It was one of my most favourite manga, because the characters really grow onto you and you can't help but feel like; ah! I've watched them grow so much.

So here's a little chapter to commemorate the end of KNB. But that doesn't mean my stories will end. Keep on requesting if you want more!

SilverHelia

----------------------------------------------------

{~Please, Be Yourself~}

Oh no.

Your slender hands balled into fists tightly.

Please no.

'How could they...'

Tears were threatening to fall from your eyes as you stared at the unbelievable score on the display board.

Seirin won. Nothing could change that fact. Your [eye colour] eyes scanned the court for a certain redhead; the main reason why you came to the match despite your other commitments; like your club and your own job. You bit your bottom lip, wondering how Akashi was taking this.

'He shouldn't had lost... He trained so, so hard.'

Grabbing your purse, you clambered down the stairs to the court where he was, you [fave colour] dress fluttering about as you did.

Taking a breath, you ran forth and embraced the teary eyed male in front of you.

'Seijurou... Seijurou...'

Your voice had begun to crack. He didn't seem to mind, unlike the other times where you tried so desperately to get a hug from your dearest childhood friend, but alas, didn't because he was always too scary to approach. He wasn't like that. He used to be the gentle and polite Seijurou you knew since your first meeting with him. Then suddenly he changed.

But that didn't deter you from staying beside him.

'Ah...? [Name]?' He spoke, sounding quite shocked.

You kept quiet, just gently embracing his waist as you wept softly.

A gentle hand smoothed your bangs that had been messed up when you crushed your face into the warmth of his back.

Your eyes widened in shock.

'Seijurou?' You spoke as you looked up at him.

A gentle but heartbreaking smile was plastered onto his face.

He then pushed stray hairs away,'What are you doing here [Name]? Didn't you say that you had other things to do?' Tears began to spill from your eyes,'Idiot! How could I! How could I not come to your match! You're my best friend!' He wiped tears from your eyes,'It's alright. It's over.'

You stared at him angrily.

'Why?! Why aren't you angry?! Why aren't you sad? Why...'

Your anger faded off as you began to cry again.

'This match... Meant everything to you. You worked so hard for it.'

He then brought you into his gentle embrace.

'I've lost. It feels so, so painful.'

You close your eyes, hugging him.

'But, they worked double of what I did. It was fair that they won.'

Your hearing wasn't deceiving you, was it?

'Seijurou, you changed...'

He chuckled,'Maybe I have. Maybe defeat wasn't as bad as I thought I was. All that's left for me to do is to work harder for next year. Next year, I'll grab the championship. For us.'

A bright smile flashed on your face as you looked at him.

He's back.

That old Akashi.

That Akashi you knew.