Chapter two

Devyn got another coffee and a muffin,and continued walking home. When she arrived, she put her bags down and took off her jacket, and her shoes, and then walked upstairs in her room. She grabbed her laptop and put it on her bed, laying down on her stomach and eating from her chocolate muffin. She opened Skype and video called her parents, that soon picked up. "Hey honey!!" Both of them said in unison, and Devyn smiled. Both of her parents were out of town for 4 months now, and they promised her they will come for Christmas "hey mom, dad. So how's it going? What time are you coming tomorrow?" She said excitedly, but her smile faded when her parents looked at each other with a worried look "please don't tell me what I think you will tell me" Devyn was now kinda sad "Devyn, we're sorry, but we've got an emergency call..we can't come for Christmas, we will for the new year tho, we sent you the gifts through courier, I hope you're gonna like them" her dad explained, clearly regretting what he had just said. A tear rolled on Devyn's cheek, but she wiped it right after. "It's alright, I understand. I hope everything will get better at work." She fake smiled, and her parents smiled back "we're glad you understand" her mom said, and she sarcastically nodded and hummed "you know what, Sasha is calling me, talk to you later, love you" she blow kissed them, and before they could say anything, Devyn hung up. She groaned and got up, getting changed in some comfy clothes. When she took off her jeans, a piece of paper fell on the floor. She frowned and picked it up, opening it. It was a phone number, and she knew who's it was. She laughed a little and put it on her desk, and continued to change "guess I'm gonna spend my Christmas alone. Netflix, here I am, yay" she groaned and smiled sarcastically. She went downstairs and opened the freezer, grabbing a big ice cream bucket, and ran back to her room, and straight on her laptop to Netflix. She covered herself in blankets and started eating ice cream and watching Christmas movies and TV shows.
-
-
-
-
-
Teddy went home and took off his jacket, and walked straight to his room,holding his skateboard,but when he opened the door, he saw his sister sitting on his chair, with her legs on the bed "you had a good time with your friends?" She had her arms crossed and she was talking like somewhat a secret agent or something. "Get out of my room, you know you're not allowed in here" he said with a strict voice, and put down his skateboard "and you're not allowed to steal cars from the Deli parking lot" she said, confidently. Teddy laughed nervously and put his hands on his hips "what? I didn't steal a car" he tried convincing her, but she continued "I saw the whole thing" she explained, smirking. Teddy smiled  and shook his shoulders "can't prove it" and he laughed a little. Kate pulled out the video tape "wanna bet?" her smirk grew even wider. Teddy's smile faded,and he widened his eyes, getting closer to her "give me that" he said and Kate got behind his chair "When mom sees this she's gonna freak out. She's so sick of your crap that she'll turn you to the cops herself-" she got interrupted by her brother now running towards her "Give me that tape you little creep" she jumped on the bed and ran to the door "OH YOU'RE SO DEAD" Teddy yelled as he ran after Kate, that was running towards the stairs "AND YOU'RE SO BUSTED!" She shouted, running down the stairs  "GIVE ME THAT RIGHT NOW C'MON" he shouted back, running after her "NO" she responded, and she ran to the living room "give it!" He continued and grabbed her hand, trying to get the tape "YOU'RE SUCH A JERK" Kate yelled pulling on a side of the tape "C'MON" he was pulling on the other side of the tape, and Kate pushed him into the Christmas tree, that fell on Teddy, hitting also a picture of the family, that fell down and broke. Teddy's hand was out, and she got back the tape "It's mine, give it back" but Teddy pulled her leg and they started fighting "It's mine! Stop it it's mine!" She was shouting pushing him "Don't be such a baby!" Teddy yelled "STOP" Kate continued, but their mother walked in, her eyes widened, and she looked at them "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" She shouted at both of them, who soon stood up breathing heavily, Teddy's hair was messy "Is this what happens when I leave?!" their mom continued, clearly shocked about everything, and Teddy pointed to Kate "she started it" he blamed it on his sister,but she shook her head "I did not! He did something really horrible and I have proof" she said rapidly and then took a deep breath. Their mother turned her head to Teddy and put her bag down "Oh geez..what did he do now?" She asked and Teddy looked at his sister, motioning please with his mouth and Kate was looking back at him, thinking about what to say "Come on Kate I'm waiting! What did Teddy do?" Their mother said loudly and had her hands on her hips. Kate his the video tape behind her back "He shoved me against the wall into this picture" she pointed to the picture on the ground. Their mother frowned at them and grabbed the broken picture from the ground, looking at it. She sighed and nodded, her eyes getting teary "you know what I want for Christmas? I want for the two of you to get along! You're her older brother I expect more from you" she said and Teddy looked at the ground "Teddy please put the tree back up..And put the lights on it I've been asking you all the week! Come on guys dad would've had this place looking-" she stopped realizing what she was saying, and both of her children looked at her frowning, and Teddy put the tree back up angry. Their mom sighed, turning to Kate "Kate, help me unpack the groceries."she said, and Kate followed her to the kitchen. Teddy looked at the fairy lights a little, before throwing them back into the box and walking upstairs to his room.
-
-
-
-
-
Devyn was watching Netflix, when she got a call from her best friend, Sasha, and she picked up "finally, I needed someone to distract me, I'm sick of watching Netflix. I just finished pretty little Liars and watched all of the parts of home alone 3 times. Mom and dad aren't coming. Wanna come over?" She asked with a smile on her face "Sure, I'll be right over" her friend answered, and Devyn nodded, hanging up. She sat on her bed and sighed.
After about 10 minutes, she heard her doorbell ring,and opened the door, revealing her best friend. She let her inside and after a while both of them started making cookies with music on.

AUTHOR'S NOTEOkay I really like this book lmao it's the first time I don't write a shitty book lmao :)) I hope it's gonna get a lot of reads😫👊🏿 Again, if I made any spelling mistakes, let me know by commenting on this chapter, kisses!!~Zoe

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Okay I really like this book lmao it's the first time I don't write a shitty book lmao :)) I hope it's gonna get a lot of reads😫👊🏿 Again, if I made any spelling mistakes, let me know by commenting on this chapter, kisses!!~Zoe