Chapter five

Teddy sighed and leaned forward, his face being close to Devyn's "Listen here you little shit, I saved you, so a thank you would be nice. Ok?" He said, with a low tone. Devyn backed up a little and wasn't expecting that reaction of Teddy, but then shr got on her toes and their faces were literally inches apart "I didn't tell you to save me so YOU shut up!" Santa shrugged and pushed Teddy on Devyn, and his lips pressed against Devyn's, and instead of pulling away, Devyn wrapped her arms around his neck, and the two kissed for about a minute, before pulling away and staying there awkwardly. Santa walked to the sleight and shrugged "oh no..." he examined the sleight and then turned around "you 4 have really messed things up" he continued "you were supposed to be asleep" he pointed at every single one, being obviously mad "It was all of her idea" Teddy pointed to his younger sister "HEY!" His sister shouted "it was!" Teddy continued but their argument was interrupted by Santa "Wait!" Their attention turned to Santa that was kinda panicked "what'd you do with my sack of presents?" All 4 looked confused at Santa, but Kate spoke up "it flew off the sleight" Santa widened his eyes "oh..not good...not good at all" he said and walked to his sleight touching a thing on it and then looking at the sky "first star is there..second star is there" he continued doing his weird thing, while Teddy, Kate and Devyn's friend looked at the sky confused. Devyn subtly got closer to Teddy and her hand brushed against his, and without even paying attention, Teddy grabbed her hand and their fingers interlocked. "Over Paris...New York..Boston" Santa continued and walked into another direction looking at the sky, everyone turning around looking at what he was doing confused "Oh! Raindeer must've broken off somewhere over Lakeshore Drive!" He explained, and Kate frowned "Lakeshore Drive?!" She asked, obviously confused "We're in Chicago, young lady!" Santa exclaimed turning around and looking at Kate. "Chicago?!" Teddy asked, his tone getting a little louder, and everyone turned their attention to him "That means we traveled thousands of miles in, like, 30 seconds!" He continued, and Kate smiled "EPIC!" She shouted excitedly and Santa laughed in amusement "Heh, you mean epic disaster" he checked the clock that was on his wrist, and then looked at the others "If I'm not up and running in the next couple of hours, half the continent's not gonna get presents, and that,well, that can never happen." He explained to everyone "Uh, so a few brats don't get presents. It's not the end of the world" Teddy said, looking really mean, and Devyn frowned and pushed Teddy a little, making him give her a death glare. They kissed, but they still hated each other, and that was weird because instead of pulling away from each other disgusted, they kissed for a pretty long time. Santa looked at Teddy shocked for a few seconds, and then spoke up "That's just the kinda lame garbage I'd expect from a lost believer." He walked closer to Teddy, who looked at him up and down, scared if he's gonna beat him up or something, but not wanting to show it "You listen to me, Teddy Pierce. Tonight, young boys and girls all over the world are waiting, hoping, EXPECTING Santa Claus to arrive. And if I don't..Well, you don't wanna know what happened the last time I couldn't make my rounds." He crossed his arms and looked away. Kate pulled out her camera and started filming "Yes we do, tell us!" She said, still really excited. Santa looked at the camera weirdly, but spoke up "You've heard of the Dark Ages? Read about all those wars in school?" He questioned, and Teddy looked away "Yeah sure but.." he stopped a second but then widened his eyes and looked at Santa "Wait,those happened because you missed Christmas?" He frowned and Santa also responded with a frown "Christmas Spirit is more powerful than you could ever imagine. People need Christmas to remind themselves of how good they can be!" Santa said and looked at the camera "..without it,well, Christmas simply...must endure!" He continued looking at the camera, and then pushed the kids away so he could pass by "Alright! I need to round up the reindeer,find my sack of presents, call the elves and maybe, just maybe, I can still save Christmas!" He continued and went to the sleight and pulled a device from inside of it, opening it and looking at it "What is that?" Teddy asked, amazed. Santa looked at him and then at the device "Tracking devine for the sack" he explained "The closer you get, the faster it chimes. It's pretty cool" he continued "Yeah, it is." Kate responded, full of excitement "That's good..At least it's not that far away" Santa continued, and sighed. He motioned Teddy and Kate to get out of his way, so they did. Santa clicked his tongue and sighed "Well...bye" he smirked and Jumped once holding up one arm, and fell down. "OW" Kate looked at him worried "Santa are you ok?" Devyn and Sasha tried to not laugh and Santa lifted his head, with a scared expression, gasping "Oh no! Oh..no no no no no no no!" He put his hands on his head "MY HAT!" He continued "My hat's gone!" He looked at everyone else and got on his knees "Do you want mine?" Kate asked, confused and worried a little "Oh, that—that won't help!! Your hat's not magic." Santa explained, and Kate frowned "Magic?" She asked "Well how do you think I can turn into coal dust and leap from rooftop to rooftop?!" He explained, kinda asking, annoyed "Pilates?" Kate asked still kinda confused, and Devyn bursted into laughter, Teddy punching her softly on her arm so she will stop "My hat!" Santa responded, looking at everyone else "I can't believe this..she told me 'you should always bring a spare, Nick!'" He got up and ran a hand through his hair "Oh..well..I guess I'm gonna have to do this in the old-fashioned way..On foot" he sighed and turned around to leave "SANTA JUST LET US HELP YOU!" Kate exclaimed, and Santa looked at her "Oh, no no no. I think you've done quite enough damage already, don't you? No, you just go on back to your house and get some sleep. No need to wake up early. There won't be any presents." He scoffed "You four are on the naughty list for life!" He started walking away, and everyone else looked at each other "WE CAN'T JUST STAY HERE! SANTA NEEDS US!" Kate shouted, and Teddy shook his head "I don't know, he seems pretty mad- we should just head home." Devyn frowned "Are you fucking dumb?-" Kate interrupted her "WE'RE LIKE A THOUSAND MILES AWAY!" Devyn nodded in agreement "Teddy you heard him- we're on the naughty list. FOR LIFE!" Kate continued "We've ruined Christmas! I mean- that's like the worst possible thing a kid could ever do! Do you really wanna tell your kids that you were that guy? The person responsible for the Christmas Meltdown of 2018?!-" Teddy interrupted "OKAY FINE!" He tried calming her down, and all of them ran towards Santa. "Wait, SANTA! We just wanna help!" Kate exclaimed "Ah, Well, I can't do anything to stop you. You better watch out, you better not pout" he turned around to them "And you better not cry." He turned back around and continued walking, everyone following him "I don't have time for any more of your shenanigans." He looked at the road "Ah, perfect!" He continued walking, everyone following him.

A/N: Heyaaa sorry for the late update, but I promise I'll update more often :P.
One thing is that, after the 'whole movie' ends, this story won't end! I'll continue with the things that can happen after, and then summer break, like I plan on making this story pretty long! I just hope that I don't get author's block, but ya girl is gonna try her best! Ok baii :) ~Zoe