Chapter three

At the Pierce family, Kate and her mom were making cookies, and Teddy was upstairs in his room. Kate was pouring sprinkles all over one cookie "This does not look like a Christmas tree" her mom said trying to put icing on a cookie and both of them laughed a little "I think it looks great" Kate said while pouring sprinkles on her cookie "Wow wow you want some cookie with those sprinkles? Omg" her mom laughed looking at her daughter "Dad likes sprinkles" Kate said before realizing what she actually said, and her mom looked at her, and Kate looked back at her, regretting what she said, but her mom fake smiled "sorry..sometimes I forget..I don't mean to" Kate sighed and her mom put a hand on her shoulder "It's ok honey...I like it!" She nodded and Kate smiled at her "Thanks" and her mother's phone started ringing "They should all be like that" she said before answering the phone. "Hey Angela." She said and frowned at something her coworker was saying "Seriously?" She said and turned around walking a bit further from her daughter "Isn't there someone else that can-" she said but she was interrupted by the woman on the phone. Kate put the sprinkles down and frowned looking at her mother "Oh no that's terrible..Yeah I know of course..I'll..I'll be right there" her mother said and sighed "okay bye" she added before hanging up. She sighed once again and Kate walked towards her "you gotta work tonight?"she asked a little disappointed and her mother looked at her with regret in her eyes "I don't want to" she looked at the ground "But it's Christmas Eve!" Kate said almost crying and her mom walked next to her "Even more of a reason to be at the hospital honey some of these people have no one else to take care of them" she explained to her daughter that was now sad "But there's still so much to do! We have to hang the stockings and make the eggnog it just won't be Christmas without it!" She said but her mother interrupted "Oh honey! There is more to Christmas than all that stuff!" She put her hands on her daughter's arms "I'm gonna pretend that I didn't hear that mom" Kate said and her mother sighed amusingly, but turned her attention to Teddy that ran down the stairs and to the front door "Hey! Where are you going?" She asked and walked towards him, Kate following her. Teddy turned around and grabbed his jacket "Just out" he responded "Where?" Their mom asked "I'm meeting my friends to go and caroline" he said putting on his jacket, and their mom put a hand on the wall and the other on her hip, and looked at Kate who looked back at her, both of them smirking, and then turned their attention back to Teddy "You haven't been caroling since you were in kindergarden. And you hated it" mom said raising an eyebrow, smirking. Teddy smiled adjusting his jacket "I just wanna spread a little Christmas cheer" he leaned his head on a side putting his hands on his pockets "More like Christmas beer" Kate added furrowing her eyes at Teddy, who glared at her and Kate glared back at him "Okay well. You can't go 'cause I need to work" their mom said grabbing her keys and walking towards the door "Seriously?" Teddy turned to his mom that responded with a "Yeah". "It's Christmas Eve" Teddy frowned at his mom "Which is why you're gonna stay home with your sister!" His mom said grabbing her scarf and putting it around her neck and Teddy leaned his head on the side smiling annoyed "Come on mom I-" but he was interrupted by his mom "No! You're not to leave this house young man! You leave her alone again and you're grounded until February!" She said strictly and put her keys in her back pocket "You wanna spread some cheer? Decorate the tree!" She continued and Teddy looked at her mad before turning around and sitting on the sofa "whatever" he said and their mom smiled "Okay!" She put on her jacket and walked towards Kate "Take the cookies out in twenty minutes and don't stay up too late and no soda!" She kissed her daughter's forehead and then walked towards Teddy "And listen absolutely no junk food, okay?" She leaned forward to kiss her son's head but he pulled back "do you hear me?" She continued"mom" Teddy said, but she managed to kiss him on the head "gotcha" she smiled "Okay.." she sighed "See you guys tomorrow bright early" she looked at both of them "I love you" she continued, looking at Teddy "I love you too" Kate said, but Teddy only looked at their mom. "Merry Christmas" their mom said, now looking at Kate, who responded back. "Merry Christmas" Kate smiled, leaning on a wall, and their mother walked out. Teddy was looking towards the door and thinking, when suddenly Kate walked to him "Wanna watch a movie? Mom's gone so it could be PG 13 or maybe even more!" She said excitedly and Teddy lifted up his finger and sat up "I'm gonna go to my room" he said taking off his jacket "But it's Christmas Eve! Let's do something together! Come on Teddy bear" she said and looked at his brother that walked towards the stairs "I told you to stop calling me that!" He stopped in front of his sister, that looked up at him almost crying "You used to laugh when I called you Teddy bear...and I was your Katie Cat....But ever since dad died.." she stopped and sighed, and Teddy looked at the ground with teary eyes "...All you wanna do is hang out with your wannabe gangster friends.." she continued, and Teddy shook his head, leaning forward so he was at his sister's level "You know..At least they're fun. They're not boring slugs like you" he frowned at her, trying to shove off his sadness and regret, walking upstairs, leaving Kate alone, who sighed and looked at the ground, walking to the living room.
-
-
After some time of watching old videos on the camera, Kate noticed a weird arm on the background, and called Teddy, that agreed to catch Santa on tape after she said she'll give him the tape of him stealing a car if he helps her. They walked in a storage closet, and Teddy brought some Ice cream and candy bars, and popcorn "Hey mom said no junk food!" Kate told her brother "Oh we gotta stay up somehow" Teddy said putting everything on the ground "Plus.. sometimes you gotta break the rules, for the great of good" he said and Kate turned on the camera, and grabbed some of the things her brother brought "Can't remember the last time we did anything together Teddy! Just the Two of us! Pulling an all nighter!" She said shoving some Ice cream in her mouth "How awesome is this?" She said with her mouthful, and she had chocolate ice cream all over her mouth. Teddy grabbed an ice cream box too, and looked at his sister, smiling "whatever" he said and ate some ice cream. Kate ate fast and even more "So good..soo good" she muttered and Teddy chuckled "Slow down, dude" he said, because his sister was eating too fast.
-
-
-
-
-
It was night, and Devyn was eating ice cream and brownies and watching a movie with her friend, when she heard steps coming from the roof of the house. She turned to her friend, that looked back at her, both of them widening their eyes. They stopped the movie and tip-toed to the door, grabbing their coats and shoes,and putting them on, before slowly walking out of the house and locking the door. They saw a person on the roof that soon jumped inside the chimney, a light coming from his body. The girls gasped and sat straight, running behind their house. Devyn looked around and Sasha tapped on her shoulder, "Devyn, look up" she said, and Devyn looked up at the sky, and saw a giant sleight, and reign deers in front of it. They gasped and widened their eyes, when suddenly Devyn jumped on a tree next to the sleight "What are you doing?" Sasha frowned looking at her best friend "We gotta get in, we don't have much of a great Christmas anyway, so what can go wrong?" Devyn said, and Sasha nodded in agreement "True, well, get in, I'm coming too" Sasha said, and Devyn nodded, jumping in the sleight, soon her friend doing the same thing. Not after a long time, Santa came, and started driving the sleight, really fast. Devyn and Sasha were holding tight on each other, shocked, when suddenly, the sleight stopped, and Santa got on the roof of a house, jumping in the chimney.
-
-
-
-
Teddy and Kate were sleeping, everything was messy, Kate's leg was in the bowl of popcorn,and Teddy was holding a box of candies,when suddenly Kate heard the jingle bells that were tied to the door. She groaned but the bells couldn't stop so she looked at them shocked, and jumped, looking at the camera to see what was happening, and saw snow footprints on the carpet, and then some legs that were wearing black boots. She gasped and tried to wake Teddy up by kicking him and whispering his name. "What" Teddy got up, with his hair messy, frowning, and looking at his sister "He's here" Kate said, continuing to look in the camera"Who?" Teddy asked completely confused, for a moment forgetting about their plan "Santa!" Kate responded, looking in the camera, seeing he wasn't there anymore "He's gone" she sighed and looked at Teddy "You're kidding, right?" Teddy said but then they heard footsteps from the roof and they both looked up at the ceiling "What the.." Teddy whispered and Kate looked back at him "HE'S ON THE ROOF! LET'S GO!" She pulled the cable out of the camera and grabbed it, walking out of the room, and Teddy got up and followed her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Damn this is a long ass chapter. I'm gonna post the next one immediately after this one lmao.~Zoe